Chapter 3: Friends and Enemies

(Y/N)'s p.o.v.

Now that all the students are sorted into their Houses, Professor Dumbledore comes forward to give us all a speech. According to the red haired twins in front of me, who introduced themselves as Fred and George (I already forgot who is who...), this is tradition at Hogwarts.

Dumbledore clears his throat and starts with his speech:

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make two announcements. First, I'd like to welcome (Y/N)(L/N) to Hogwarts. She came here all the way from Ilvermorny and she will be joining us for the rest of her school career. At Ilvermorny, Miss (L/N) was an amazing Quidditch player, but unfortunately there will be no Quidditch this year."

"No, no, no! This can't be true!!" I think to myself.

Harry, Ron and the twins gasp.

"What?! That's rubbish!" the twins shout.

"That's not fair!" Harry shouts.

"I agree with Potter, my father will hear about this!" Someone at the Slytherin table shouts. I look over to see who it is, and I see the platinum blonde boy standing, giving the Headmaster a nasty look.

Hermione sees me looking at the boy and says: "That's Draco Malfoy. He's evil, a daddy's boy and our enemy here at Hogwarts. He hates us and basically anyone who doesn't have pure-blood status." I give her a shocked expression and I feel a bit weird, until Ron breaks the silence.

"Hermione once called him a 'foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach' and punched him in the face afterwards!" Almost everyone at the Gryffindor table starts to laugh out loud, myself included.

"SILENCE! Come, come Mr. Malfoy. Yes it's, very sad and shocking. My apologies, but no Quidditch this year. Nevertheless, I inquire all of you to give Miss (L/N) a warm welcome."

He smiles at me and I smiles back, but my thoughts are still with the Malfoy boy.

"We will!" Hermione says.

"We're gonna have a lot of fun, (Y/N)..." Fred says, winking at me.

"Oh yes, loads of fun..." George says, smirking and winking at me as well.

"I can't wait." I reply, and I return my eyes to Dumbledore.

He nods and continues: "On to my second and last announcement; this castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the Triwizard Tournament."

Whispers, gasps and confused looks all around the Great Hall.

"Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted, but more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and their Headmistress Madame Maxime."

The doors of the Great Hall fly open and a group of girls come in. They were dressed in sophisticated blue uniforms, and their entrance was just as elegant as their looks.

I notice all the boys almost drooling at the sight of the girls, but one of them isn't. Draco Malfoy. Again. Instead, he is looking at me. 'Why?' I wonder.

Draco's p.o.v.

Splendid. Not only will there be no Quidditch this year, I'm also going to have to share the castle with many other students. Two other magic schools to be exact. Two. Other. Schools.
Stupid Tournament. I bet 'Saint Potter' will be a contestant.

"For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and their Headmistress Madame Maxime."

The girls make their entrance and all the guys are completely in a trance. Crabbe and Goyle can't keep their eyes off of them, but I have my eyes set on someone else: (Y/N)(L/N).