Studying (JM)

For the past few days, all I have been doing is studying. I am in university taking two courses, English and Literature and Creative Writing. I want to be a professional author. My exams start soon and I am so nervous. All I can think about is not passing. This is my last year in university, I don't know what I would do if I failed, writing is all I want to do. I have a boyfriend who is seven years older than me, and is an actor... so he doesn't go to university. His name is James McAvoy, you may recognize the name. He was in Atonement, X-Men, Wanted and other things. How is he my boyfriend?... well, it's a long story. I met him in a coffee shop. He had ordered a coffee to go, but as he was exiting the shop, me being my clumsy self walked into him, making him spill his coffee over himself. I don't even know how many times I apologized to him, but he was fine about it.

I see my phone light up, indicating a notification, so I look at the screen to see James has texted me.

J- Hey, I'm on my way over, you want anything? Xx

Y/n- No, I'm okay, thanks anyway xx

J- Okay, see you in a bit xx

Y/n- See you soon xx

I sigh as I put my phone back on the desk. Then I continue with studying. I use sticky notes and stick them randomly to the desk, so I don't forget anything. I take more notes in my notebook, I'm re-writing everything I've ever learned in the last three years. Soon I hear the door open, but I know it's James. "Y/n?" He says. "In here" I reply as I write. "Jesus, are you still at that?" He asks from behind me. I feel his hands on my shoulders. "Yeah" I answer. He sighs "have you had a break today?". I hesitate before nodding. "No you haven't, y/n I told you to take a break, you haven't stopped for three days," he tells. "James, I don't need a break, I need to study for this exam" I reply. "I know you do... but, you need to take a break". He spins the chair around and kneels in front of me, taking my hands. "Y/n, please... all you have been doing for the past three days is study, I'm worried about you. I hate seeing you like this, I can see you're tired and stressed" he tries to persuade me. "James, stop worrying. I'm fine" I smile slightly. He sighs heavily as he sits on his knees "fine". Then he stands up, kissing my forehead "I'm here if you need anything" he mumbles before putting his hand in place of his lips and runs it through my hair. Then he goes into the living room. I sigh, he knows I'm not okay.

I then go back to studying. Reading and writing things down, trying to memorize my notes and copying more things onto sticky notes.
_______

2 days later

I haven't stopped studying, I am so stressed and tired. I've worked myself up too much and I keep overthinking things. James reluctantly left to shoot scenes for The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby this morning... but I need him here. I shakily pick up my phone before calling him, hoping that he'll pick up. The phone gets picked up, but it's not James who answers, I recognise the voice as Jessica Chastain. "Hello?" She questions. "Hi Jessica, it's just me. I was wondering if there's any chance that I could talk to James" I reply. "He's shooting a scene right now, can he call you back?" She asks politely. "No, I'm sorry but this is important, Jessica please" I nearly start to cry. "Alright, give me a minute" she sighs and I hear voices in the background, but one familiar voice stands out. I hear some shuffling, then James's voice. "Y/n? Are you okay? You never call me during shooting" he asks worriedly. I choke back a sob as my tears start to fall "James, come back... I need you" I sob. "Y/n..." he starts but I interrupt him "James, please". I can't hold back my sobs anymore, which causes me to cry audibly. "God y/n, alright I'm on my way" he sighs. We hang up and I rest my head on the desk.

It's at least twenty minutes before I feel a hand softly rub circles on my back. "James," I say sitting up. He nods "I'm here". I fall onto him from the chair. I start to cry into his chest and he holds me on the floor.
"Shh, I'm here now. You're okay" he whispers to me. I hug him tightly, burying my face into his chest, making his shirt damp with tears. He then picks me up, bridal style before taking me to the sofa. He lays me down, then he lies on his side, facing me. My tears don't stop as I lean into him. Softly, he kisses my head.

A few hours later, I finally stop crying... but I don't pull away from him. He looks at me "Y/n, this is the last time I'm going to tell you. Take a break". I nod "okay". He rubs my back comfortingly "good". "Y/n, when was the last time you slept?" He adds. "Sunday" I reply truthfully. He sighs "when was the last time you ate?". I shrug "last night, maybe". He immediately gets up to go to the kitchen. A few minutes later, he comes back with a sandwich, grapes and a drink with a straw. He sits beside me "sit up". I do as he says and sit up against the arm of the sofa. He puts the drink on the table before turning to me. He takes a bit of the sandwich, then gives it to me "eat". I begin to eat the sandwich and this goes on for another hour.

After I'm done, he puts the plate on the table and takes the drink. He puts the straw to my mouth "it's blackcurrent". I drink the juice through the straw, occasionally stopping to take a breath until the cup is empty. Yeah, I only have plastic cups, deal with it. He then gets up again to put the plate and cup in the kitchen. He comes back and lays on his side again. "Don't ever do that again, okay?" He sighs. I nod as I lean into him again "thank you Jamie" I sigh tiredly. "It's alright, now get some sleep," he tells me. I feel him move around, so I quickly put my arm over his stomach "Don't leave me". "I'm not going anywhere, love" he whispers to me. I rest my head on his chest but I don't fall asleep straight away. I listen to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat for a few minutes. I feel him wrap his arm around me, so I do the same with his waist/stomach area. "Y/n, go to sleep" he sighs. I don't answer him, I just stay quiet. He slowly starts to rub my arm gently, turning himself to face me. "Please y/n, just go to sleep," he tells me. "I can't, Jamie" I replied tiredly. He leans closer to me before kissing my cheek, then he brings his thumb up to my cheek. He softly rubs my cheek with his thumb.

Then he kisses the corner of my lips before running his hand through my hair. "Jamie..." I start but he stops me "Shh, go to sleep y/n". Eventually, I do get to sleep from the feeling of him just being there.
_________

Hey, I hope you liked the first imagine

Bye!

Bluewolf