Secret (RT)

I quietly climb out of the window, then shut it just as quietly. I make sure no one is around before bolting across the field behind my family's cottage. I race into the forest, jumping over streams, logs and dips in the ground. When I get to the other side of the forest, I see him standing near the beach. His back is facing me as he looks out to the water. I breathe heavily, out of breath from running. "Robbie!" I call. He turns around with a smile, then jogs over to me "Hello, love. Glad you could make it". I roll my eyes "I'm sorry". He chuckles "I was joking. What kept you anyway?". I blush "Well… I-". He smirks "You were reading again, weren't you?". I shrug "Maybe…". He laughs "Well, I suppose I can let you off". I smile before hugging him, then sigh as he returns it "I missed you". He nods "I missed you too". I close my eyes as my head rests on his chest, savouring the moment. He rests his forehead on my shoulder. I feel his hand intertwine with mine. Then he pulls away from me. He gently leads me to our usual spot.

He lays his jacket on the sand and we sit down. He wraps his arms around me as I lean against him. The heat radiates from his body, keeping me warm. We sit close to each other as we listen to the soothing waves. I sigh "I wish we didn't have to hide, Robbie". He nods "I know. Me too, but it's best to for now. It's only a little longer, then we can tell them, alright?". I sigh "Alright. But, why do we need to hide anyway?". He frowns "I told you why remember? I was born in a working-class family. I work as a gardener for a higher class family. I feel as though I'd need to prove myself worthy first before telling everyone". I look at him "You don't have to prove anything, Robbie. I…". "You what?" He questions. "I… I care about you" I stutter. "I don't care about what anyone else thinks. We care about each other. Is that not what matters?" I frown. He sighs before taking my hands "Y/n, I'm not afraid to be seen with you. It's just, I want us to be ready before anyone knows about us". I nod "Oh, okay". He sits up "Y/n, love. I don't mean anything negative about this. I care about you too, very much. We can tell them soon". "Promise?" I question. He chuckles "I promise with my life, sweetheart". I smile slightly "Okay". "Okay" He repeats in a mumble before leaning in to kiss me. I return it as he gently cups my cheek.

After a few minutes, we pull away. He rests his forehead against mine. He brushes my hair back behind my ear and smiles softly. "Do you remember our first kiss?" He whispers. A deep blush appears on my face and I shake my head slightly "I think you may need to remind me". He hums "Hm… well, we were walking through the forest. Holding hands. You were being all cute, swinging our arms. I think you almost pulled my arm off. It had been raining the night before, so you were splashing around in the puddles around us. And stepping on the leaves". My blush darkens even more as he continues. "I couldn't help myself. I pulled you into my chest, which made you fall into me. I caught you, and I kissed you. You let out a surprised gasp but kissed me back anyway. We were under the stars. The dampened air surrounded us, but it was rather refreshing. When we pulled away, you were blushing and I teased you". My blush honestly couldn't get any darker. He smiles cheekily "You're cute". I bury my face in his chest in embarrassment. He chuckles "Aw, I'm sorry, love". "No, you're not" I mumble. He just laughs "You're right, I'm not".

Later

Robbie and I have been here for a few hours now. The sun is close to rising, which indicates that we need to part ways soon. I sigh "I don't want to leave". "Neither do I, but I'm afraid we don't have a choice". I frown as he gets up, then helps me up. "Come on, love. We need to go before people start to get up" He continues. I nod "I know". He smiles slightly before kissing my cheek, then starts to kiss down my arm to my knuckles. "See you tomorrow night then?" He checks. I go to nod but pause "Wait… I can't. My family have guests coming over for dinner. I can't miss it". He nods "Oh, okay. I understand, so then I'll see you... soon". I sigh "Okay, I better go". He smiles softly "See you later, sweetheart". "Bye, Robbie" I reply before turning around. I get to the forest, then send him a quick wave before entering the forest. And, I run back home. I climb in through the window and immediately get changed into my nightwear. I get into bed and quickly fall asleep.
_________