Flirting (JM)

Sitting in the stands of the charity match, I rest my elbow on my knee as my chin rests on my hand. Football has never really been a thing I was interested in, but I grew up with three brothers, who were all football fanatics and my dad was a coach, so I grew up going to games, I practically spent my childhood on the sidelines of football parks, watching sweaty boys and men of all ages run around, kicking a ball until they score. So, I know what it's all about. I am kinda interested in it right now though because I'm watching James run around, kicking a ball as the material of his shirt gradually sticks to his body, which indicates he's sweating. And, unbeknownst to him, he looks damn good in a football strip. As a goal is scored for James's team, the three loud whistles I know so well are blown. The game is over, with the Rest of The World team winning (James's team). After celebrating with his team, he runs over to me with a big smile on his face. I climb over the railing to get to him. "Did you see that? We won" he informs me. I nod "yes, I know how the game works. Well done, I'm proud of you". He chuckles "you're just jealous because you didn't get to play". "I enjoyed watching you" I mumble to myself, but it wasn't quite enough. "What was that?" He smirks. I blush slightly as I realise he heard me "nothing, you might've j-just went deaf from the fans" I trail off. He chuckles as he holds his arms out for a hug, for a split second I was going to but then I remember he's all sweaty, so I hesitate. When he realises what's wrong, he starts teasing me. He smirks "What's wrong, love? Come on, hug me". I step away from him "no!". He frowns, using his acting to his advantage "aw, why not? You love hugs". I shake my head, laughing "not from sweaty Scottish men, I don't". He smiles "well, I think they are the best hugs". I see a playful glint in his eye as I realise what he's going to do. "No, James!" I practically squeal as I run away from him. I hear him laugh before chasing after me. He quickly catches up to me and grabs my waist, pulling me into his sweaty chest. His arms lock around me from behind, keeping me from escaping. "Ew, James, let me go" I groan. He hums, pretending to think about it "I don't think I can do that, love". I grimace when I feel his sweat soaking into the back of my shirt. His chin rests on my shoulder and I sigh "you are disgusting, you know that?". He chuckles "yes, but you love me". After saying that, he lets go of me and smiles "I'll see you later, love. I might be a while". I shrug "well, I've got nowhere else to be, it doesn't matter. Take as long as you want". He sighs "you could come in with me, you know". I shoot him a sassy look "and be surrounded by more sweaty guys? No thank you, I know exactly what goes on in there and I refuse to be a part of it". He chuckles, raising his hands in surrender "All alright, my bad". I smile, shaking my head as he makes his way into the changing room. I shiver at the thought of going in there. Any woman will be traumatised for life, I have experienced it many, many times. I've learned my lesson now, and I will never go into any form of the male changing room ever again.

Once the last few people in the stadium leave, I take a seat in the stands again. That's when I see a football wedged in between the railing and the seats. I shrug before making my way down to it. I throw the ball onto the park, then jump over the railing. I slowly start to kick the ball lightly with my foot, just walking with it. I may not have played football myself in my life, but I have spent enough time watching my brothers and dad play, that I know every trick in the book. I soon hear a light chuckle from behind me "I'm going, to be honest, I never thought I'd see the day". I turn around to see his smug Scottish self leant up against the stand. I roll my eyes "I thought you said you'd be a while". He shrugs "Nah, I couldn't leave you out here by yourself for too long. What kind of person would that make me?". I smile slightly "an eejit, James, that's what it would've made you". He chuckles "I'll admit I'm an eejit sometimes, but that's not the word I was going to use". He starts to walk over to me and I smile "I know that's not the word you were going to use, but that's too strong of a word to describe you". He chuckles "why thank you". I blush when I realise what that sounded like, then I roll my eyes to cover it up but I think he saw it anyway "shut up". He looks at the stadium clock, then to the goal, which still has the net on it. He smiles "the first one to score? I'll go easy on you". I sigh "James...". He interrupts me "I know, I won't tell anyone if you don't... and, I'll give you a head start". I smile, shaking my head "fine". He does a little happy dance making me laugh. I then go to kick the ball, and for a few minutes, we played normally. As promised, he went easy on me, until he pushed me over to get the ball off me. I smirk before scrambling up from the ground. I run to catch up with him before jumping on top of him, which he didn't expect since we both end up tumbling to the ground, in a heap, with me on top of his back. He chuckles "you're meant to go for the ball, love and last time I checked, I wasn't one". I laugh as I get off of him "I know, but hopefully you still have two of them after that". With that, I run after the ball. I hear his laugh as he chases after me for the second time today but for a different reason this time. When he gets close enough to me, he smirks "you know, I'm not so sure I do. Maybe you should check for me". The heat immediately rushes to my face, and it distracts me enough for him to steal the ball from me. He chuckles at my reaction "you've got something on your cheek, love". Then he runs off with the ball, just like I did. "Damn it" I mumble before chasing after him.

After about an hour of pushing and shoving each other, and James's flirty comments, I eventually get close enough to the goal to score, but he's right behind me. I'm just about to kick the ball into the goal when he lifts me over his shoulder, before taking the ball and scoring himself. He holds me so I'm almost upside down, spinning me around until we're both dizzy. He then puts me down but I take him with me as I fall to the ground, again. We've both been put in fits of laughter as we lay on the ground. When our laughing stops, he smiles down at me "I win". I chuckle "you didn't win, you cheated to win. That was my goal, therefore I win". He shrugs "I didn't cheat, it was fair". I cross my arms as I look up at him "picking me up was against the rules, and you know it". He shrugs "I don't see you complaining about it". I blush lightly making him laugh "wow, you blush a lot, are you aware of this?". I glare at him playfully "shut up". I sit up so my hands are leaning on the grass at my sides. "Or, maybe you are aware of this but you do it because you don't get enough compliments". I smile shyly "James, shut it". He smiles, ignoring me "or, it could be that, despite all your very hurtful comments, I have grown on you. Which essentially means that you have fallen for my devilish charming-ness". I roll my eyes "Okay, first of all, I'm pretty sure you just made that phrase up, and second of all, you are way too cocky for your good". He shrugs "it's not my fault you fell for me". "I never said I did" I reply. He sighs, leaning closer to me "and you don't have to". I raise an eyebrow "what is that supposed to mean?". He chuckles lightly "well, it's supposed to mean that I love you, and right now is when we're supposed to kiss, but it seems that someone is a bit behind at the moment". I raise an eyebrow "well, I'm sorry I didn't get that". He chuckles as he leans closer to me, making my heart race. Soon, I feel his lips softly press against mine as his hand moves to my waist. I start to kiss him back, making him smile into the kiss. When we pull away, he rests his forehead against mine gently as we look into each other's eyes.

A shiver then runs down my body, making him chuckle "cold?... or was that me?". I shake my head "it's the cold". He chuckles softly "sure". I roll my eyes "it was the cold". He smiles lightly "alright". For a few minutes, neither of us say anything but we don't have to. I place my hand on his cheek, his stubble softly scratching my skin. "James" I sigh quietly. He presses his lips against my hand before nodding for me to speak. "What is this?" I ask, motioning from myself to him. He shrugs "Whatever you want it to be". I frown making him sigh "y/n, I love you. I don't know why it's taken me so long to say it, but I do. I don't want to be with anyone else, there's no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with other than you. I can see a future with you". I smile "I love you too". He nods "well good, that could've been very awkward if you didn't". I chuckle "it could've been".

"Can you get off me now?" I ask. He shrugs "Can I? Yes. Will I? No". I pout "why not?". He smiles "well, I kinda like it down here". I raise an eyebrow "so, we're just going to live here now?". He chuckles "why not?". I sigh "That's too much work, first we'll need permission from the council, then-". He interrupts my rambling by kissing me. He pulls away slightly as he leans over me "shut it and kiss me". We then continue with the kiss. His lips are soft and gentle against mine like I'm made of glass. I pull away, slightly out of breath. He then gets off me before standing up and pulls me up with him. Before I could do anything though, he picks me up again but bridal style. He holds me against his waist as he tucks his arm under my knees, starting to walk out of the stadium. "I can walk by myself, you know" I sigh. He chuckles "where's the fun in that?". I roll my eyes, resting my head on his chest. At least I don't have to walk.