five

"So, how are things going?" Doyoung asked, taking a sip of his non caffeinated beverage. They were at the coffee shop again.

Jungwoo sighed, his fingertips tracing patterns on his disposal coffee cup. "I'm trying, Doyoung."

"Did you apologize?"

He nodded.

"What did he say?"

"He didn't even forgive me. Or it didn't seem like it. He only said he was surprised that I had that aggression in me." pain leaked through Jungwoo's words.

"Okay, Jungwoo, I'm gonna be honest with you here." the older male starter, voice hardening. "It seems like he doesn't care about your guys' relationship anymore."

Jungwoo's heart broke at those words.

"I know you care about him, I know you love him. You've loved each other for years, I've seen it. He really did love you." Doyoung placed his drink down. "I don't understand why he would suddenly stop. There could be many possibilities for that."

The other understood what his friend was telling him. Even though he didn't want to hear it, he needed to.

"Yeah..." he muttered, eyes drifting to the table.

"I know it hurts Jungwoo. But just talk it out with him, okay?"

Jungwoo accepted this, sadly.

"Lucas?" Jungwoo knocked on the door to the bedroom.

No response.

"Lucas?" he called again, knocking a few more times.

Still nothing.

He let out a frustrated sigh. "Lucas!"

The door finally opened, revealing the taller male.

"What?"

Jungwoo shuddered at the tone of his voice - it wasn't rich and smooth as honey like his normal responses, it was harsh and cold.

"We need to talk." Jungwoo hardened his tone as well. He stepped into the room, kicking the door closed with his heel behind him.

The shorter male crossed his arms. "Lucas, do you take our relationship seriously?"

"What do you mean? Of course I do, baby." Lucas replied, confused to why his boyfriend was suddenly asking these types of questions.

"It doesn't seem like it." Jungwoo furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you always out? And not spending your time with me? You always promised we'll cuddle and kiss, go on a date, but nothing has happened. What did I do wrong?" his voice broke at the last question.

"What did I do wrong?" he repeated, this time more quietly. His chest began to feel heavy.

Lucas' eyes softened. "Baby..."

"Don't call me that." Jungwoo retorted. Tears started to blur his vision so he turned away. "You rarely come home, you barely talk to me, you even forgot our own anniversary..." he started to list.

"Jungwoo, don't be like this-"

"But when you do come home, you're drunk, and I have to take care of you all the time. I don't even receive a proper thank you. Remember all those mornings I use to wake up bright and early to make you coffee? You had respect then."

"Jungwoo," Lucas grabbed the male's wrist, tugging him around so they could face each other.

Jungwoo looked at him through his blurred vision. "Since we're so distant, it seems like we're not in a relationship anymore."

There it was. He said it.

A tear rolled down his cheek. "Is this what you wanted?" Jungwoo asked, voice strained. "Did you want us to drift apart?"

"I didn't..."

Lucas took both of his boyfriend's hands. "Jungwoo, listen. I'll take you out for breakfast tomorrow, and I'll explain everything." he gently told.

"Stop lying to me." Jungwoo attempted to yank his arm out of the grip.

"I'm not this time." Lucas defended, grabbing his boyfriend's shoulders and turning him around again. Jungwoo grew stiff as he stood, more tears running down his cheeks.

"Why would I trust you after so many times you left me hanging?" the shorter male questioned, voice barely audible.

"Please." the other begged.

"Now you're acting like you care." Jungwoo pressed his palms against Lucas' chest, pushing him away.

He walked towards the door, swinging it open and exiting the room. Lucas sighed, seeing the walls shake from the door slamming so hard.