Meeting the humans, pt. 2

Grene had texted us saying he was almost home with Lyndsey, Ami, Jak, Jeen, and Aspin. They'd be introduced in the opposite order as their owners, oldest to youngest. They had gotten their excitement out about me that morning, they knew I'd returned, and were well aware I had a new human with me.

Sure enough, they arrived home shortly after Holli finished her treat from my father, Grae. Jak was sent in first, they'd be introducing themselves to her. Jeen followed shortly after. Things were going well, though I knew Lyndsey was next.

She was a bit rambunctious, I heard a loud crash as she toppled something in the foyer before running into the living room. Since Grene wasn't in the living room (he was getting ready to send Aspin in, and trying to explain to Ami that she'd need to introduce herself and go sit with Steele, as well as trying to pick up whatever Lyndsey had toppled), she bolted and ran off into the hall.

Aspin came in, introducing himself while Grene tried to chase Lyndsey down. He wasn't really angry, he told me later she had knocked down the coat rack. Aspin was the least enthusiastic of three (now four) young humans, though he was still friendly. Males tend to take much longer to become playful, though they are just as tameable as females. It wasn't so much to do with differences between the genders as a whole, but what was expected of them by society on earth.

Ami came in next, probably excited that she wasn't the new girl anymore. She'd been with us for almost two years now. She decided to join Lyndsey in running from Grene, who was intentionally going half speed so they had a chance of getting away. Holli seemed to want to join them, so I put an arm around her to keep her from bolting.

"Lighten up, Merlin! Let her play." Grene teased me while making a round through the living room. As much as I hated him calling me that, he was right. I let her go, watching as she ran with Lyndsey and Ami. They taught her the route, it can be easy to get lost in the big house when they first move in. Grene ended up catching her first, she must've gotten lost. He carried her to me, she giggled when he plopped her down next to me. I was surprised at how little having someone besides me carry her frightened her, I couldn't recall anyone doing that without her screaming and kicking. Granted, it was when I first met her, but still.

I handed her off to Vy, who wanted to get to know her a bit. Vyelet is great with humans, so Holli seemed to like her. She was happy to have my sister pet her, looking at her hands and smiling when Vy tapped her nose.

Published 11/16/18