Chapter Seven

Kenzlyn opened her eyes with a jump as the car door was slammed shut. She looked out the window to see Ike went off through some fence and coming back couple minutes later with some clothes.

Bud and Kenzlyn got out to see Ike had dropped some clothing on the ground. Kenzlyn grabbed a nice white dress that caught her attention. She went in front of the car to change cause knowing Ike, he would try to take a peak. She quickly changed along with Bud.

Kenzlyn turned to see Ike open the trunk and was surprised to see Jackson had jumped out punching Ike in the face. She was even more surprised to see the new nurse running off. Clarice chuckled
"Oh where do you think your going, bitch"she yelled catching up to Lizzy and grabbing hold of her hair, pulling her back.

"Jackson", Kenzlyn whispered his name as he turned his head to look at her. He gave a small shocked look when he sees her in a white dress.
Jackson cleared his throat as she walked to stand in front of him
"You look...very beautiful", he whispered as he caresses her face. She smiled pulling him into a hug.
"I'm glad your here", she softly says with a smile before pulling away

"Jackson", Bud shouted happily, picking Jackson up into a big bear hug.

"Whoa....okay. Put me down! Put me down!" Jackson said as Bud let him down.

Ike pointed a scalpel at them as the new nurse came to their side," do that again, I'll turn you into strawberry pie," he said with a serious look

"I'm gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill her, then I'm gonna kill him, right before your eyes. And that goes for you three as well, anyone bolts and everyone dies," Ike smiled as he lowered the scalpel.

Jackson angrily looked at him,
"You son of a bitch," he says with Kenzlyn behind him.

"Jackson, it's okay, we'll all look out for each other", Kenzlyn says next to him holding onto his arm tightly.
"Change," Ike demanded throwing a dress at Lizzy. She catches it and slowly started to change.

Kenzlyn smiled as she felt Jackson pull her body into his.
"I missed you", she whispered cuddling into his warmth that radiated from him.

"Are you okay?" He whispered noticing dry blood on her face and hands.

Kenzlyn gave a frown
"My head hurts a bit, but I'm fine", she said placing her head on his chest.
"Fuckin Lang", he angrily says holding her tightly.

Kenzlyn rubbed his arm," I....I took care of him", she said looking away. Jackson grabbed her chin so that she could face him.

"You did what any one of us would have done," he said looking her intently in the eyes. They focused back on what was goin on around them.

"That ain't no way to talk about our new friend. She's going with us all the way," Ike tells Clarice.

Lizzy spoke up," where are you takin us?" She asks

"Mexico!," he said," perhaps you heard of it? Gonna find us some money, find us some more wheels, go past Austin, see my mom. Y'all be welcome there, my mama loves company. As soon as we get to the Mexican border, we go our separate ways," Ike simply says to them. Clarice seemed a bit upset about going separate ways.

"Jackson, you got someplace you want to get to? You got family somewhere?," Ike asked.

"No! Besides Bud and Kenz, no Mexico sounds like a plan," Jackson says squeezing Kenzlyns hand.

"How about you Kenzlyn?" Ike said looking at her next

She shook her head," no, I mean, I don't really think I've had a family," she says looking at the ground," Mexico sounds great," she whispered feeling Jackson pull her more into his side.

"Alright then", Ike says as they start walking off into the Texan woods.