Chapter Nine

Generally when Ike had told them it was clear Jackson didn't expect there be a dead body months old. Jackson held Kenzlyn tightly and secured in his arm as he helped her walk up into the trailer. She hissed as he sat her down on the couch. He was careful not to put her in any more pain than she already was.

"There we go," he softly says as she breaks out into a sweat.
They hear Lizzie scream an see her running back towards them. Kenzlyn watched as Lizzy sat next to her.
She glared before she leaped off the couch and choked Lizzy hard.
"Kenz," Jackson says pulling her away.

"She tried to run. Her fault," Kenzlyn said as she huffed. Her breathing became irregular.

"Need to... slow your breathing", Lizzy says as she moved away.

"Right now, I'm worried about you," Jackson said moving the hair gently and slowly from her face. He put pressure on the wound to stop the heavy flow.

Kenzlyn wanted to hurt the nurse so badly but Jackson kept tight hold on her to keep her calm.
As the sun went down Kenzly moved to the floor near the cabinets and fell asleep against the wall next to where Lizzy had seated herself.

Jackson covered Bud with a blanket and took the other one for Kenzlyn. He walked past Lizzy but passed her the moonshine to drink.

"Here, it'll make you feel better," he says kneeling down beside Kenzlyn's head and gently lifts it, sitting down and carefully picks her head up and places her gently on his lap.

"Mmmm'" Kenzlyn mumbled but winced in pain. Jackson rubbed her arms to keep her warm, since there was a small cool breeze.

Ike had came out moments later after his nasty sexual interactions with Clarice. He bent down to grab the moonshine from near Jackson's leg, who had his eyes closed.

Lizzy looked away," you're gonna aggravate your condition," she says softly.

"My condition? What do you know about me?," Ike sneered at her.
Jackson woke up, looked down at Kenzlyn. She was still asleep.
"What now?' he groggily says looking between Ike and Lizzy before looking at Kenzlyns peaceful face. Thankfully she doesn't look as pale as she had been earlier.

Ike looked at Jackson
"You know she seen our files," he said side eyeing Lizzy.
Jackson shrugged
"So?"

Ike scoffs," so she knows where all those foster moms who gave you shit live now," he said," even Kenzlyn, man, what about her Jackson. Where is her family?,"

Jackson angrily looked at him
"Don't talk about her," he said looking at him deadly

"What? You don't wanna find your family?," he said looking at him.

Jackson looked down with a smile," Bud and Kenzlyn is the only family I got," he smiled softly down at Kenz's sleeping face.

Jackson looks up at him again," I thought you said your family were in Austin. They'd be thrilled to see you," he says confused.

Ike's eyes watered for a moment,"they keep fuckin' movin," he forcefully says.

Lizzy pleaded that she didn't know anything and Jackson was done with all the noise they were making.

"Come on, man, let's leave her be. I don't want Kenzlyn waking up. She lost a lot of blood," Jackson says with a hand on her chest. Loving the way he felt her heart beat thump against his hand.

Ike shook his head walking away

"Bud, your on first watch. Get your ass out of bed," Jackson says before getting comfortable again.

Kenzlyn mumbled in her sleep as she lays on her right side and buried her face in Jackson's stomach. His body always radiated warmth. She loved that about him.

About an hour or two, screams could be heard alerting Kenzlyn and Jackson. It was still dark out they noticed.
"Shit!" He said as Kenz groaned

"Come on Kenz," Jackson said pulling her with him.

Kenzlyn held his hand tightly till they got closer to the screams of Lizzy. They could see Ike tryna get under Lizzy's undergarments.

Jackson tackled Ike off Lizzy. They tumbled down a hill.
"Run!," he shouted at them.

Kenzlyn stood next to Lizzy as Clarice came running towards them shotgun pointed at Jackson.

"What in the holy hell is going on here," she shouted at them

Ike got up dazed," this little piggy's the worst goddamn lookout in the lone star state," he said pointing to Bud,"and this little piggy just tried to abandon us all, including his girlfriend and that stupid bitch," Ike grumbled pointing at them.

Clarice turned around pointing the shotgun at Kenzlyn and Lizzy.

"Well, then maybe it's time we get rid of all this dead weight," she said with a smirk.

Jackson ran taking a protective stance in front of Kenzlyn
Ike wiped the blood from his nose
"Calm down. We got a plan and we're stickin to it. Take these three back to the trailer, okay? Don't take your eyes off'em," he said to Clarice but stopped to look at Bud.

"Bud, you're an idiot and a fool and I don't know why god bothered to make you, now get away from me," he said walking away from everyone.

Clarice pushed Jackson with the shotgun as they followed the trial back to the trailer. Kenzlyn laid on the couch as Jackson sat in front of her as Lizzy say in the same place.

Kenzlyn put her arm around Jackson's chest so that his head laid next to her chest. He sighed relaxing a bit," I don't want this life for you, Kenzlyn," he whispered looking at the ceiling.

Kenzlyn turned his head slowly so that he faced her, "we're gonna get out of here. And we're gonna be faraway from this as possible. We're gonna have our own house and maybe a little girl, like we talked about," she said with a smile on her face.

Jackson smiled at her softly," yeah, I'd like that very much," he said as Kenzlyn kissed him hard.

Jackson deepened it a little as she moved back, before kissing him one more time.
"I'm always here for you," she whispered. Jackson smiled as he relaxed next to her. Kenzlyn fell back asleep feeling content, hoping the next day would be easier.