· four ·

Bunny

Weeks passed. I came to work everyday with a rose without fail. Everyday, I'd confess to you. And everyday, you'd throw my flower away. But I wouldn't give up.

On a fateful Tuesday morning, luck was finally on my side.

I had been invited to your house for lunch. When I arrived, I heard squeals and high-pitched voices. Curious, I crept up closer only to be met with the cutest sight.

You were crouched on the ground with a tiny bunny, giving it baby talk. Your expressions and baby voices were to die for. My heart melted seeing this side of you. The bunny pranced around you and made you laugh and smile. It was a real smile.

Without realising, I had taken my phone out to snap a shot of the moment. I smiled to myself at the adorable picture. It was the only picture I had of you.

The lunch was normal but the mood was visibly better because of your happy mood. When you sent me to the door, I thanked you for lunch. A blush crept up my ears as I confessed to you yet again.

"I like you," I said quietly as I watched your reaction. You were hugging the bunny and scratching its head. You stared at me thoughtfully before breaking out into a grin. It was a genuine smile.

"If you manage to smile like my bunny by the end of this month, I'll date you," you finished with a smirk as you held your bunny up for me to see.

Your bunny had a bunny smile (obviously). It was pretty cute to be honest.

I immediately nodded.

I was ecstatic.

I was so happy that you were willing to give me a chance.