two

The bar was packed to the brim with nazi officers from the gestapo and the SS, as I lay atop the large, glossy black piano, taking a sip from my champagne.

The pianist took his seat at the piano, his fingers brushing against the keys, gaining everyone's attention.

The pianist looked to me as I nodded, placing my champagne glass on the floor, as he started to play, leaving me to start singing.

I stood atop the piano, crooning along as my eyes scanned the bar, looking to see if I could find any noteworthy lieutenants and whatnot.

My eyes rested upon a man in gestapo uniform emblazoned with many medals. He looked to be a major and his eyes made contact with my own. His piercing, icy blue eyes bore into my grey eyes, as I smirked at him.

I'd found my prey.

-

After I'd finished singing, I got off of the piano, picking up my champagne glass and leant up against the piano.

My eyes shot over quickly to the major I'd stared at before and we made fast eye contact before I swiftly turned away, talking to the pianist softly.

Before long, I'd noticed the major had walked over to me and I turned around to greet him.

"Hello Herr Major." I smiled, extending my hand out for him to kiss.

God I hated this part.

He smiled back at me, kissing my hand as I feigned yet another fake smile as he invited me to sit with him.

Great, awkward small talk with a fucking asshole. Such fun.

I agreed as he led me to his table and I sat down awkwardly, him sitting close next to me.

I laughed nervously, taking a sip of my champagne as he started to talk to me.

"Are you from Paris?" He asked me as I shook my head.

"No, Herr Major, I am not. Actually, I'm from Rouen. It is truly a beautiful place." I lied, smiling at him as he nodded.

"I have never been to Rouen. Maybe I'll go there one day. You could show me around perhaps?" He joked as I smirked in reply, nodding.

Just as I was about to ask him what he got his medals for, in an attempt to flatter him, a short, disheveled german soldier ran into the bar, his eyes darting round the room and eventually landing on the Major.

The soldier dashed over to the Major, out of breath, as he informed him that the Major was needed immediately.

The Major groaned, getting up and kissing my hand.

"Until we meet again." He told me before exiting the bar, leaving me sat at the table, confused as well as annoyed.

~

The Major had started to make his way over to our table, talking aloud.

"Like our young, newly christened father here, I too have an acute ear for accents. And like him, I too find yours odd. From where do you hail, captain?" The Major asked him, eventually reaching our table as he stared the captain down.