five

The next evening came about quickly and Bridget, Aldo, Donny, Omar and I walked into the cinema.

My eyes gazed around the beauty of the architecture of the inside. They sure as hell didn't have cinemas this beautiful back in Boston.

I was quickly snapped out of my trance by Aldo abruptly grabbing my arm and pulling me aside.

"So what's the plan? Which officers are you thinkin' of takin' out?" He asked me as I shrugged.

"Feel as if I gotta get Landa out of the way, the smug bastard." I muttered as Aldo nodded.

"Alright. Once you've done it, rendezvous with Utivich outside." Aldo reminded me as I nodded.

-

My eyes scanned around the cinema, like a hawk trying to stalk down its prey. What I wasn't expecting was my prey to be stalking me out as well.

Our eyes met across the room, and he excused himself from the conversation he was engrossed in and slowly started to walk over to me.

I took a deep breath in and sipped at the champagne in my glass, as he walked over to me.

I gave out a smile as I extended my hand, awaiting for him to kiss it.

"Colonel Landa, it is an honour." I told him, as the corners of his mouth upturned slightly.

"You're very welcome, fraülein." He said, as his eyes gazed down at my dress.

"You've done so much remarkable work for Germany, Herr Colonel, except for the fact that despite you being stationed in France, I've never had the pleasure of seeing you in my bar." I teased.

"Oh? Well, I must make a mental note to visit you at a later date. What bar is it that you speak of?"

"L'Époque." I informed him.

He snorted. "I've been there, during the day. The wine is far too expensive."

"Well, maybe the next time you come I can get you a deal." I spoke in a low sultry voice as his eyes met mine, his face flushing crimson.

"Perhaps we could go speak somewhere more privately?" He asked me as I smirked, nodding.

Oh thank fuck, it's actually working! I've somehow managed to fool the most cunning SS officer there is?

Landa took my hand, leading me up the stairs and into a room marked office. Opening the door, he took my champagne glass and told me to sit down.

I complied, sitting down, as he sat down opposite me.

"Do you know of Major Dieter Hellstrom, Fraülein?" He questioned me as I shook my head.

"I think you do. Because he was in your bar one night."

"Herr Colonel, this is simply absurd, many officers and soldiers come to my b-" I started to explain before he cut me off.

"I know for a fact that you are lying. You can drop the accent as well, because that isn't fooling anyone."

I frowned as I looked down into my lap.

"All the other officers were simply confused as to how all those soldiers were showing up dead, with no suspected murderer. But I knew it was you from the start. I called away the Major that night so you couldn't strangle him to death." Landa revealed.

"You're sure as hell a very clever guy, Hans." I smirked, speaking in my bostonian accent.

"I know I am. Would you like to know how I knew it was you?"

"Do tell." I said with a laugh as I took my champagne glass back off him.

"Well, you're not very good at covering your tracks. You'd wear one pair of shoes continuously for weeks on end and when a soldier would show up murdered, you'd change your shoes. Likely because they were covered in blood." He explained as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh no. The big bad Landa revealed my dreadful secret. What ever shall I do?" I laughed as I finished off the champagne that was left in the glass and placed it down on the floor.

Landa and I stared at one another for a solid three seconds until I flung myself at him, kissing him, as a way to somewhat let his guard down so I could shoot him or something.

He quickly threw me off of him, as I hit the floor and before I could get up again, he had his hands wrapped around my neck, strangling me.

I started wheezing and gasping for air as sweat trickled down his face and his hair flung free from its gel.

My hands started clawing at his face, making him whip his neck back and I let out a stifled scream as my hands made their way to his eyes, as I placed my thumbs over his eyes, pressing down slightly.

He screamed out of terror and released his hands from my neck to rip my hands away from his eyes.

I got up as quick as a flash and before I could dart out of the room and out into the safety of Donny's arms, Landa had grabbed me and started to punch me in the face as I yelled out and started to kick and scream, elbowing him in the face repeatedly before he let out a final yell and somehow pushed me to the ground, my head hitting the floor, immediately knocking me unconscious.

-

Utivich looked beside him, at the woman wrapped up in the blanket lying unconscious next to him. He sighed out of defeat as his eyes became fixated on the rather massive gash she'd somehow obtained on her forehead. Obviously she'd given up quite a fight, he thought to himself.

Aldo looked at her with a sort of sadness. It was all his damned fault, he'd just let her go off with the Colonel, not making sure that she could at least deal with him. Now here she was, looking half dead in a truck.