Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven

Ascendant will be abbreviated as asc in this lesson.

The ascendant (also known as rising), descendant & MC (midheaven) are not planets, they are markers based on (insert forgotten knowledge). But I CAN tell you that ascendant changes every 3-4 hours, so you better have your birth time correct. To find your descendant, just look at the opposite sign of your ascendant. The 1st sign Aries is in opposition to the 7th sign Libra, therefore those with an Aries asc has a Libra descendant. You can do the math from there. Or just search it up. 

-------------------------

Here are the definitions:

Asc: how others perceive you, your outer personality or appearance

MC: Career

Descendant: Your opposite sign, the opposite of your personality 

---------------------------

Let's put it to use

a gemini ascendant may mean you appear talkative & extroverted. The user has a gemini approach to it's outer impression. An ascendant is like a mask, or it could be your natural self shown to the outside. But it's said to be most powerful during childhood & at the birth place. So if you're like 40 and you moved out of your hometown your ascendant is likely not to have an impact at all.

There's not much out there about a descendant, but my descendant is Sagittarius so my personality strongly differs from those with a sagittarius sun sign. But that doesn't mean you can't be friends! Still works out, they're just supposed to be really different from you. (I don't believe in opposites attract those never lasts xD)

Midheaven is career. If you had an cancer midheaven astrology says you're probably good for therapy, teaching, childcare, or anything that works with caring for others. Because the sign cancer is said to be sensitive and emotional, motherly and caring. So that's where you get those human-care jobs. 

But hey I'm not gonna pursue my aquarius midheaven! 

-------------------

Next lesson will be houses