Ch 2: Forget your Fear and Fight!

With two weapons, a ninja sword, a desert eagle pistol, and supplies that would hopefully last me a while, I went searchig for the survivors of this world. It all looked, felt, smelled, sounded, and tasted so real. It sowed fear into me, like a farmer would sow a seed. It horrified me. The way everything was incredibly real! My mind had me wallowing in fear, so I was distracted from paying attention to where I was going. Sobbing. Sorrowful sobbing broke my fearful train of thought, bringing me back to the terrifying realtiy around me. I froze in my tracks and fretfully scanned around, my knees trembled threatening to buckle under me. A witch, crying on the side walk to my left. I gulped, slowly resuming my journy. I do not wanna take on a special infected alone. 'crack!'  Stupid freaking glass! The witch shot her head up from her long clawed hands, and screamed at me. She stood up from her sitting position, and charged me. My legs became powered by pure adrenaline and made a mad dash to get away from the angry witch. Sadly... I wasn't fast enough. The witch slashed her long talon like claws across my right thigh, leaving five painful gashes. I screamed in agony, but stopped suddenly. An unfimiliar instinct clouded my fear filled mind. An instinct that gave me a thought. 'Forget your fear and fight...' Since I can't go against instincts, I followed it. With quick reflexes and skill I had no idea I possesed, I used my katana to slice the witche's head right off her neck! Her limp body collasped to the ground in front of me,  and her head lied about a foot away. I heard a horde roar, and right after saw one come running at me. I no longer had any fear. Only the will to survive!

                  ~Time skip~

I panted heavily, holding the hilt of my katana with both hands. The blade was a dark red color that dripped onto the road. The same color was splattered all over my clothes, arms, neck, and face. I couldn't believe what I had just accomplished. I took out a full on horde all by myself and with just a katana! Though now that my adrenaline high was wearing off, I could feel the pain the gashes in my right thigh were causing. I slid my katana onto my back pack, and limped my way to a safe room. I managed to get inside and barricade the door, before sliding down the wall with my back pack against it. I slid my back pack off my shoulders, and unzipped it fishing out my medkit. I had no medical skills whatsoever, but I could patch up my thigh as best I can. I disinfected the gashes, hissing through my clenched teeth from the sting of the rubbing alcohol. Then I rolled my lose pant leg up to above the gashes and bandaged my thigh. I rolled my pant leg back down. I needed stitches, but one: I didn't have a needle, two: I didn't have thread of any kind, and three: I don't know how to stitch up any sort of open wound. I kept my right knee bent at a 90° angle to try and slow the blood flow. Yawning as my eyes drooped, I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.