Introduction

There are lots of these guides on Wattpad

There are lots of these guides on Wattpad. Some by people far more qualified than myself, others by not so qualified people. If I'm being honest, I probably fall into the latter category. So why am I doing this if I don't feel qualified? Because I want to give back to the Wattpad community at least some of what I have learned over the years. While I'm still learning the tricks and trades of writing, I wouldn't be the writer I am today if it weren't for the help of others to guide me along the way. This is my way of giving back.

I've had many people ask me for advice so this book will be some of that advice. Some people might recognize some stuff in this guide as I previously had a "Said isn't Dead" guide...until I had one of my "I suck and shouldn't be giving advice" moments and unpublished it. But now some is coming back and others will be added!

I'll cover things such as the proper way to tag dialogue, point of view do's and don'ts, and even the topic of plagiarism. I'll also have Wattpad guides such as advice on how to get reads, how to upload, and whatever comes to mind. If you have any questions you'd like answered, feel free to speak up. If I have an answer, maybe I'll do a chapter on the topic!

There are several rules in writing that are fact and shouldn't be broken, but there are also a lot of rules which are subject to the author's personal style. I'll cover both of these aspects and go into my personal style choice when the situation allows.

I'm by no means an expert. In fact, there are a lot of mistakes I still make which I don't realize. So again, don't take this guide as gospel. The most important tool in a writers arsenal is to research, research, research. If I say something that doesn't sound right to you, google it. Do your research and form your own opinions.

Maybe nobody reads this and/or finds it helpful in any way, maybe it becomes the best guide in the world, maybe I wind up deleting it again—all I know is I owe a lot to the people who have helped me improve as a writer. Hopefully I can help you. Being mildly dyslexic, there are certain aspects of grammar I struggle with, thus grammar portions of this guide will be thin, I'll only go into the things I know are right when it comes to grammar.

I will break this book into three sections:

On Wattpad

On Writing

On Whatever

So before each chapter title will have one of those to identify what it's for. I'll try to keep them all grouped together by moving the chapters around as needed.

Sit back, grab some gummy bears, and journey into the crazy world that is me giving advice....run. Run away. Or laugh at my pathetic attempt at help. Whatever.

 Whatever