The officer, the gentleman, the prick and the bitch..

CHAPTER 3.....

All that remained after Renji's rude departure were his strong musty scent and the lingering blur of his image; a scarlet out line of his beautiful form and nothing more. And you know what... it was such a fucking shame. Byakuya slammed his door shut and banged his head against its frame, near tears but fighting with his remaining strength to keep the tiny droplets away. He was such a god dam mess and he knew it. There he was, standing before the only man he'd ever loved, and still he couldn't keep himself from acting like the old stuck up Renji was so used to. Shame on him, Shame on him for tossing every calculative move of his out the window the moment his eyes collided with that of the red head's. How could he have been so stupid? This was the sole reason for his move from Karakura to Seireitei in the first place; no crap that, it wasn't his only reason. Thanks to Rukia who was now six months pregnant with her second child, Byakuya quickly and with out reservations took up the offer to overlook her side of the company while she spent her days at home, resting and bossing the patience out of her Shiba husband. Byakuya sighed tiredly to the open air before throwing himself lazily onto his couch. Tonight seemed so strange in his grey eyes. To calling the cops to facing off with his ex and now this, this hopelessness that now threatens to consume both him and all the hard work he had done over the past years since the red head's departure.

Every time he closed his eyes all he saw was the outline of Renji's back, his strong well toned back that glistened under the sun each time they worked out together in the past. "What the fuck is wrong with me?", He questioned himself, exasperation thick in his voice..." I was this close, this close to the man I love and yet I couldn't tell him. After eight long years of finding my courage it abandoned me when it was needed the most"..... No that thought wasn't accurate he knew for it was him that had abandoned his courage, whining like a chicken whose head had been chopped clean off; completely incapacitated and foolish looking. He turned over on his side, eyeing what was once his dinner. The aroma wafting from the take out boxes still smelt fresh, but Byakuya knew from experience just how soggy and cardboard like stale noodles tasted.. He sighed once again and then furrowed his brows in annoyance at a gesture that was quickly becoming his best friend..." Okay Kuchiki".. Byakuya reasoned to the empty room... "He's here and we know where he works now, maybe as an apology we could perhaps send him a fruit basket?- No? What about an exclusive invite to one of Seireitei's most prestigious spa and hot spring?"... Spa and hot springs?.. Who the fuck was he kidding?. Renji hated those girly gestures; even though Byakuya had caught him a few times in the past indulging in such treats....

What to do, what to do? The question ran a marathon in his mind yet it was no where near the finish line. The noble stuck up felt frustrated beyond what was fair to endure. The man of his dreams stood so close to him that he still remembered his scent, and yet he hadn't a clue on how to proceed. Dam he was loosing his fucking touch. Byakuya remained rooted to his royal blue couch for over several minutes more, wallowing in self pity and all the associated symptoms that came hand in hand with being pathetic, when out of no where the sound of knuckles on his door alarmed him ridiculously. Some one or rather multiple some ones were banging down his door. He stumbled all the way over to the source of the sound and upon investigations found himself staring furiously at one smiling oranget and one murderous looking blunet.. Both Ichigo and Grimmjow stood before him, dressed in denims and leather and looking all kinds of perfect together. But hey, Byakuya was interested in neither of the two, no matter how fuckable they both appeared..... "Good night Byakuya I uh- well we"..

"What Ichigo is trying to say Kuchiki is that next time mind your own dam business alright?...

"Grimm don't", Ichigo scolded his boyfriend for his blunt approach to what was already an embarrassing situation..."Sorry about him Byakuya but we were wondering if you'd like to join us tonight. A bunch of friends, some you might know are meeting up for drinks a couple of minutes away".... The nervous noble eyed each man closely, noting the difference in appearance and demeanor as well, and to be fair he did see the appeal each possessed and the attractiveness they held for one another. In other words Ichigo was perfect for the always too fucking blunt blunnet.... "Allow me to apologize to both of you", Byakuya explained. "I wasn't informed of your uh- of your Friday night ritual, so to speak"..