The Police, the gentleman, the prick and the bitch

Chapter. 4.

Renji bristled all the way out of the crowded room, cursing his orange headed friend while he purposely ignored the strong hold Byakuya had on his fingers. He dove past one startled Stark and Szayell and hauled his ex out of the exit in grand fashion. Until then did he let go only to witness a Scarry sense of utter lost at the untangling of their hands. The atmosphere remained cool but surprisingly his migraine was gone, as well as his intent to kill. Now all that permeated the air was an odd silence between both him and Byakuya, who looked just about uncomfortable and out of place as he did him self. Great Red thought, the bastard did deserve everything he got after putting Renji through so much eight years ago. They both eyed each other down for what seemed like an eternity, feeling the night's cooler touch hug their skins beneath all the layers of clothing they wore. That eternity stretched on for a while longer before they decided to stick a pin in silence's side; however both tried to voice their words at the same time, which only intensified the awkwardness that more..

"Look Byakuya I'm sure-"

"Please-". The noble cut him off, desperation and wariness evident in his tone. "Not here Renji, can we go some where a bit more.."

"More private?". The red head offered sarcastically to which Byakuya simply disagreed with a harsh glare. "No. I meant more comfortable.. It looks as though its about to rain a little from now, I... I just don't want to get caught out in it, that's all.. The last time I did I was rendered Ill for a month with a nasty case of the flue". Rustic eyes widened for a tiny bit at the sudden revelation while his already over exaggerated imagination ran wild like a worried mother.....

"When exactly did that happen?". He asked kindly, but it was enough to startle the handsome noble who wanted to die that very instant for his gross miscalculated words. Yet he knew that if he had any intentions of salvaging this, what ever that hung between them now he needed to be not only honest with the red head but also himself as well...."That night I left you-". Again Renji's eyes widened, though this time as large as saucers. Imediately he fished out his keys and lead the way with out words to his car, not waiting for Byakuya but hoping to all god the man possessed enough common sense to follow his unspoken command. Thankfully though he followed.

After buckling themselves in, Renji slipped his key into the ignition and took off, destination unknown,that's until his mind egged him down a road that lead to a familiar place- his home.......Silence once more littered the air as awkwardness danced in and around them, thickening the converging tension wafting from their stiff postures. The space they shared felt electric and painful,bouncing back and forth atop their skins before, finally they came to a sudden stop; muttering a hushed 'thank fucking heaven' beneath their breadths. Following his action, Byakuya too exited the rather impessive car only to feel a bitingly cold drop of chilled liquid atop his straight nose. Seconds after the heavens tore open and rain made its descent in noisy drops of water. "Shit- hurry get inside before we both get soaked. Common-". Yelled Renji as he unlocked his door.

In his haste to escape the storm Byakuya stepped in with out thought as to where he was. But with the resounding click of the red head's lock he snapped his head with awareness finally, ready and full out expecting to find himself at another establishment like the one they departed. But fuck, he instantly marvelled at they eloquent style of the place before him. The simple yet artistic nature of the decor proved just how much the man had changed since they parted. Fuck, given eight years even he knew that he too had some how grown from his younger ways of thinking... If this was indeed Renji's house then he, Byakuya was thoroughly rendered impressed. Wait a what- Renji's house?....Renji Abarai's fucking house?... Oh he was panicking now alright. How in the love of all things great had he ended up here-?....