One

It was a tiring day from work after seeing many patients Yusuf made his way home. His mind was everywhere but with him, he still can't believe he got the same feeling whenever he is near his father's house. The same feeling of wanting to run away and never come back arise. But he know how important it is to maintain his relationship with his father who he have been trying to meet for a month now, but his stepmother is not letting that happen.

Each day had its own different excuse to why he can't see his father. So tonight he is planning to sleep in his old room so that he can at least get to see him the next morning. Which the father don't even give a damn about. From what Yusuf can remember his father use to love him, but everything change like a blink of an eye.

He is known as the outcast of the family, his stepmom is doing anything possible to make his existence forgotten by his family members, especially his own father. His car came to a halt in front of the giant gate which he never entered without reciting ayatul kursi and any supplication he can remember for guidance from the evil. His gentle nature is welcomed  by everyone but his family. The gate was open by same conniving old man. He welcomed Yusuf as if he sincerely meant it, showing his brownish teeth that got spoiled from consuming many cigarette and kolanut.

Yusuf just knew he will be welcomed by the chameleon herself, he had never seen a person that can change personality in a matter of a second like his stepmother does. But by now he believed she is so good at what she does, with her angelic face everyone can mistook her as a God sent angel from heaven. And just like he predicted, there was she standing by the main door, with her both hands on her waist. In her eyes so much disgust for the person approaching the door.

"What are you doing here this late?" She asked annoyingly with a deep frown.

"I am here to meet my father." Was his simple reply but she still didn't move an inch from where she stood blocking the way for him.

"Can i at least come in?" He politely asked but she still didn't barge.

"No, because you have no place in this house whatsoever. So stop showing up your stupid face, no one needs to spoil their mood with your presence." She added bitterly looking at him in the most disgusting way possible. He believe that, the woman can strangled him whenever she got the chance.

"But i have to come here at least to see Baba, if not anyone." At the moment he was really trying to control the rage boiling inside of him, before he do or say something stupid and finally make her wishes come true, he is good at calming himself. Hajiya Luba is a beautiful woman in her early fifties, cunning yet elagant, she has a perfect physical appearance but evil in nature, at least to Yusuf.

"Stop bragging about your father, if not someone will think the man want to see you. I suggested you carry your stupid self, the way you came and get out of my house, before i throw you out like the dog you're." She exhaled sounding exhausted, "what part of no one wants you here didn't you get in your thick skull, uhmm?" Luba asked annoyed as hell, thinking of why he is still coming back till now. Yusuf clenched his fists more tighter from inside his breeks pockets. 

"Who is at door, Luba?" A voice asked from somewhere inside the house, and the figure coming into view.  Yusuf felt an instead relief washed over his entire body. Yet the same look on the man's face which Yusuf have been trying to read for years now, but in vein. It was his father.

"Is our son, he has finally come to visit us after so long, you have no idea how we all misses you around here, my son. Come inside and stop standing by the door, dear." She said with one of her sweet yet fake smil, they both made their way inside the main living room which leads to so many doors.

"And what are you doing here?" His father inquired with his neutral face, he can't hardly remember when last his father had smiled at him or show a little bit of affection in his regard. Though he is always so affectionate toward Yusuf's half siblings.