Two

After seeing his last patient off, Yusuf leaned on the executive chair of his office, smiling to himself for God knows what. His last patient have always been one of his favourite. Yusuf have been treating the boy since he was a few month old and now he is five. The progress and energy he sees through Affan is always worth coming to work the next day. That too can be a reason for his enchanting smile, or maybe it was because he is passionately into his career, being a cardiologist was a dream true can true for him.

His life have always been hard, but he was stronger than his trials. Being in medical school had been one of his tough challenges. He try giving up so several times but the oath he took seeing his dead mother's body never let him do so. And his strong believe that Allah will always guide him to the right path. He receives patient after patient each with less severe or critical condition. In whatever condition a person come in with, he try to help with the best of his ability. Most of his time now revolves around the hospital, it was like a home for him because he has none, at least he got a house, a fine one for that matter. There at the hospital, he is treated if not with love then with so much respect and appreciation, which he have always yearn for, from his family.

Yusuf sees each patient as his mother who he couldn't help when she was in the same condition as them. Unlike his patients, Yusuf's mother wasn't that fortunate to be taken care of until she breath her last breath without any proper help. His mother was treated as bad as he is being treated now at his father's house. But even with that painful memory and the current ones, Yusuf's smile never faded from his face. He looks like a model that are always at the front cover of a top fashion magazine with his caramel skin, tall figure and naturally waved black hair and short beard with a rectangular face.

"Assalamualaikum Yusuf i am still waiting for you out here are you coming out or not?" His friend Saifullah asked in one breath, Saif as they called him have always been like that, he is more jovial than Yusuf has ever been and talk non stop like a chatterbox. Also being with the half deaf people wasn't helping his situation either. Him and Yusuf have been best friends since forever.

"Saif, please use less force while making phone calls, i promise i can hear you just fine." Yusuf complaint as soon as he reached where Saif was standing waiting for him at the car park. Saif is an otolaryngologist, so he is bound to shout.

"Well, for as long as i call you out for lunch, it will be the same. Since you never know when to come out of that office of yours. All those lady patients that come to your office, i am sure they're there for doctor not his just his treatment. " Saif smirks as he open the driver's seat of his fancy car, while Yusuf sat on the passengers seat. In a matter of seconds the car engine come to life and they hit the road existing the big hospital gate.

"I am not going to argue, have it your way. You know we can always eat at the hospital cafeteria, the food there is as good." Yusuf made a suggestion while his friend shrugs completely dismissing his claim about his patients.

"You know i hate hospitals, how do you expect me to eat there."

"Yeah, that's why i see you working at the bank, my friend." Yusuf added sarcastically with a smug smile.

"Thank you for understanding, bro. Beside even if we eat at the cafeteria you will still go back for that snack of yours. So is better we just come here." He said patting Yusuf's shoulder as he has already held the car at the parking lot of their favorite restaurant which was only ten minutes drive away from the hospital.

"Yeah, i know you have a thing for this restaurant, don't worry your secret is safe with me."

"Obviously not more than you. Have you manage to meet with your father?" He asked casually as they await for their lunch to be served, the restaurant have been half occupied by other costumers, some talking in hush voice while some loud enough for others to listen without being disturbed, some have tired faces and others carry a small smile. The aroma of the dishes served there fill their nostrils.