Chapter 7: The Rumble

After the whole ordeal, I went back to my cabin, trying to take in what happened. Sooo, Nolan and Annabeth and together, Percy ran away, and people are fighting on whose side to take. Wonderful. Just great. I was thinking to myself, 'should I find Percy? Or should I just leave it?' It was a question I was asking myself for hours. And for hours I didn't have an answer to. I went to lunch and everyone was staring at me. Probably because I broke down in tears during the fight. I wanted to forget but with everyone staring, it was hard. I got normal lunch and went to sit at my table when I saw Nolan and some other boy campers moving the Zeus, Poseiden, and Hades tables getting moved and thrown into a dump. "What's happening?" I asked Nolan. "We are throwing away your tables. What else does it look like?" he answered. "Yeah I know that but why?" "Since Percy ran away and Nico, Will and Chrion tried to find him, he put me and Annabeth in charge. And I say NO MORE!" he yelled. The whole Nemesis and Ares cabin yelled in agreement. I slapped Nolan in the face and he went flying backwards into the Hades table. Nolan got up and held me by my throat. "Never mess with me. Do you understand?" I gasped for air. He dropped me. The whole camp was looking now. He got a sword. "If you don't want me to kill you, you must tell the whole camp a secret you never told anyone about." I hesitated. I was too weak to summon anything. "Fine," I said, "my name isn't Avery. It's Helen." I looked and Nolan and he laughed. "Do you REALLY expect me to believe that?!" "YES. YES I DO!" I screamed back. "Eh. Not good enough." "Please! I used Avery because it sounded like a name that everyone liked. Even my mom didn't like my name!" "I don't care," Nolan said, "I expected something good." "I used Avery because it sounded like a name for someone that did good! I sounded better, cooler, and important." A camper said quietly, "It was an important name. A great name." All the campers looked at each other sadly and some had mad expressions and others had sad expressions. Nolan screamed, "THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED!! DIE!" He plunged the sword into my stomach. I gasped for air. The other campers tackled Nolan and tried to help me. But the sword was really deadly. The last thing I saw was Annabeth tilting her head at me and having a blank but smiling expression.......................