Chapter Three

"Tell me, aru,"
China looked at me with a bored, uninterested expression.
"Are you going to be attending tomorrow?"

I shrugged, forcing myself to forget that China had smacked the back of my head during the meeting. I stared at the dumpling on my plate for a straight five  seconds before glancing up and realising that China was still looking at me from across the table. An awkwardness had settled over us, and I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Everyone important will be there." China held a dumpling up to his face, paused, and then laid it back down. "Well, everyone important on this side of the world."

"Well then, you certainly shouldn't be going." I said, attempting to lighten the mood. I felt North kick me under the table. China gave a soft chuckle, looking away. North glared at me, before reaching over and taking my dumpling. I didn't have much of an appetite, so I let him take it.

We were silent for a bit, the others eating while I just sat and stared at my plate. Eventually China stood, gathering the dishes. He then looked down at me.

"You're coming, right?"

I hesitated. I wasn't exactly the most social person, and this kind of event wasn't really the kind I enjoyed.
I opened my mouth to respond, but North spoke before I could.

"Of course we're coming! We wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Good,"

I looked down at North, frowning. He looked back at me smiling, but his face said "Don't piss China off. Not another stupid, disrespectful word will leave your mouth until we're alone."

China clutched the plates, smiled, and then turned to enter the kitchen. "See you there, North."

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm gonna be there too, you know."

China's laughter echoed from the other room. "Whatever."

I rolled my eyes and turned back to North. He was smiling a lot more than usual. I smiled back.

"Alright then. Let's go home."