Chapter 1: A piece of my life

Jake p.o.v
I was waiting the call from my boss. Actually we were in two: me,Jake Ross and him, Tom Johnson, the classic colleague who do anything to put you in a bad light in front of your boss. He doesn't want me to take this promotion. He considerate himself better than me only because of his fiancé: Diane Smith,the daughter of Jordan Smith,the CEO of the International Company,whose headquarters is in Vancouver,Canada...
but you know what Tom? I'll take it anyway. Even if you plan on using your girlfriend...
Sorry I forgot to introduce myself properly : I'm Jake Ross, an aspiring CEO of a big tech company here in Milan, I'm 33 now, I have a gorgeous girlfriend, Gal Gadot, known for the role of Wonder Woman; thanks to my sister I have a beautiful 12 year old niece,Ellie. She is my life, as if she was my daughter.
As soon as i finished with my thoughts, Elizabeth,the secretary came and asked us both to go to Mr. Bailey's office (our boss).
"Please,take a seat...
I've called you here both because of Mr Smith. He wants you both to go to Vancouver,in the headquarters.
Your flight is tomorrow,so be prepared." We couldn't say anything because Elisabeth came with other workers.
"Ready to lose your job,Ross?" Tom asked me.
"May the best man win" i said walking back to the lift. Tired i left the office and went straight home.
"Uncle !!!!! The new season of Legends of tomorrow is near! I can not wait to see Ava !!!! Indeed Zari! She is amazing!" Ellie said running to hug me. I immediately caught her. Why is She here? ahhh,right,today we had a big dinner on schedule with also my girlfriend.
"Legends of tomorrow? Is it a new TV series?" I said while looking at my niece.
"Come on Uncle, you can't know what i am talking about, it's the best CW show with Supergirl...I have to explain everything to you?" Said the "midget"... to be honest she was not even short for her age.
"really? And what is about?"
"Instead of making spoiler to the Uncle,Why don't you show him an episode?" my sister Laura said.
"Sure girls ... But first I have to pack ... I have to go to Canada because of the work..."
"Work,again? Now that i finished filming Wonder Woman 1984, i was happy to finally have some free time to spend with you..." Gal said hurt. i could't answer because of my sister's question:"Where exactly will you go?"
"Vancouver, where Gal was last week" I said sympathetic towards my girlfriend. "I am truly sorry baby...i will make it up to you. I promise"i said giving her a kiss.
"much better..."she said smiling in the kiss.
"Someone said Vancouver?!?! Uncle you have to bring me too !!! All the series of the CW,including Legends of tomorrow, are filmed there!!! Please,Please !!! Make your niece happy!" she said shouting. I looked at her while separating from Gal.
"I won't even lose school since it's half term...c'mon I'm old enough !!! "She said. I decided to look at my sister.
"What do you say Laura? We'll only be away for a couple of days and it would not make me feel alone ..." "Yeah,i will keep him company!!! And we will visit the set of the legends! Please Mummy"Ellie said, begging her mother. I started laughing"I promise you I'll take care of her, you know I'm responsible."
"All-right, but you have to call me every night ok? I want to know that everything goes well, and Ellie has to come back this weekend...She can't miss school!"
"sure Laura" I said smiling.
After that we decided to call the pizza's deliver...we were all too tired to cook.
After 15 minutes we were already eating,as planned and after 1 hour Ellie and Laura came back home,also start packing since we wold have got the plane in the morning. I couldn't stop looking at my gorgeous girl. She was upset.
"Look Gal,you know i am sorry. Every time we don't have time to be together, either for your job either for mine.
I feel so guilty,but i can't control this..."i said walking to her side.
"i know Jake, but this is not how a relationship should work. I really love you, but it doesn't seem that we are destined to be together..."
"Don't even think about this ok? We will manage it, as we did when we first met, Remember?" i remind her.
"Yeah,you are right" she said and then turned her head. We kissed with all our feelings. It just felt right.
When we finished,i kissed her one last time "now i go to pack the luggage..." i said going up.

Writer's Corner
Hello guys! yeah i am not dead. Sorry to make you think so.
Anyway i decided to start this new fan-fiction.
I hope you will enjoy it. I'll try to update also my other fan-fiction: Changing your life[Lauren/you]
See you in the next chapter