Chapter 2: Explanations

Jake p.o.v
That morning i woke up in my girlfriend's arms. Since it was early i decided to let her sleep, but after few minutes she was already up "Were you really thinking i wouldn't say bye to you?" she asked
"I just wanted to let you sleep. I thought you were cute,baby"i said smiling. In this moment her smile was beautiful. I wanted to take it off from her face, so i kissed her.
"I'll miss you J"she said taking a break from our kisses.
"I'll miss you too..." i said looking at my clock. It was late, in fact i started to get dressed.
After a few minutes, we heard the front door opening and Ellie screaming "C'mon Jake! We can't lose our plane!"
"I'm coming Ellie,don't worry"i said going down with my luggage.
"Are you coming at the airport too,Gal?" my sister asked.
"Of course she is coming" i said kissing her cheek.
Put all the luggage in the back of the car, Laura gave us a lift at our destination.
"See you in a week Mum!!!" Ellie said excited. Gal on the other hand, gave me a long kiss on my lips "I love you Jake. I look forward to hear from you"she said giving me another kiss.
"Not to ruin the moment, but if you keep kissing your girlfriend,we will miss our plane!" Ellie said running.I started laughing but at the end i followed her waving at my sister.

As we took our seats, Ellie started looking at Legends of Tomorrow, and I decided to have a rest. More than that, to think. Was this my destiny? Being able to be a CEO? Did I do well to choose International Marketing? Of course I had taken a scholarship at Bocconi, but this does not mean I like it with the 110%.
Jes,once told me to follow my dreams,but i am only doing this because of my parents. So whats the point?
I was woken up hours later by Ellie, who kept telling me that tomorrow the LOT set was open so we had to go there for sure. How could I say no?
"Of course we go tomorrow! I want to know everything about this TV serie! Maybe we can meet them too! What do you think? So that later we have some more time for the company ..."
"Well Uncle! Here on the website it's written to just go there and communicate the surname...
I booked with mama's credit card with my name" WTF?!! I looked at her shocked
"I'm joking, mom has already done everything to make your life easier..."I sighed in relief.
After about 1 hour we arrived exhausted at the Hotel.
"I want the bed with the city's view!!" said Ellie. I started laughing hard "It's all yours, don't need to worry" I smiled
"I should go to the company, you know....to warn that I'm arrived and to know Mr Smith's plan...
What do you want to do? I promised your mum,I would have taken care of you, so let's go to the company and then we can do whatever you want! "
"Like whatever i want ?"
"Whatever you want" I told her smiling.

As we planned, we went at the International Company. It was a huge building with the sign "IC" with planet earth in the background.
As we entered, i saw Tom coming out with his girlfriend with a smirk. I truly hate when he does like this.
We decided to go straight at the reception. "Hello,i am Jake Ross, i am here to see Mr Smith"
"Ross,Ross...ok...Yeah,Mr Smith wants to see you right now to discuss about the job"
"Alice, leave it to me. Where are my manners, i am Jordan Smith, CEO of this company...You should be Jake Ross, am i right?" He asked leading us inside of his office, squeezing my right hand.
"Yes sir, and this is my niece Ellie"i said smiling.
"Nice to meet you Ellie" Mr Smith said showing his teeth.
"Please have a seat...
So i have called you and Mr Johnson here to decide who promote as CEO of this company. I have already heard by Mr Bailey that you both are hard workers,but also with a great potential. I have decided to choose one of you two at the end of the week. The most deserving between you and Tom, will get my place as CEO here in Vancouver." He said explaining everything. "You will be starting in 2 days, so be ready for it. Be the best men win" he said leading us outside of the building.
"I look forward to start. Thanks for the chance to be here Sir" i said smiling. He only nodded and entered again.
"Are we done now?" Asked Ellie bored
"Now it's your time to decide what to do Els"i said giving her a kiss on the cheek. It will be a long evening...

Writer's corner
Hi Guys!
Finally we are starting to know why mr Smith wanted Tom and Jake in Vancouver.
Who will win? What will happen next?
I hope you are enjoying the story. See you in the next chapter ;)