Chapter 1

"Alright then Kaitlynn and Amber you two will be partners. Okay now everybody meet up with your partners and complete the pages I've assigned."

"Aww poor Amber she has to be partnered with Kat. Hey ask if you can do a group of three with us."

Mrs. Parker cut them off by saying,"All partners are final. Now girls get to work. Remember the quarter is ending soon, and I'm sure you can tell from your grades that you need to put a bit more effort into this class."

Amber huffed and brought her belongings over to my table, while her friends gave her sympathizing looks. Not two seconds after she sat down, she was already on her phone texting them. I didnt pay much attention to her. I didnt let their remarks get to me, afterall college was coming up and I knew I wouldn't be dealing with them much longer.

Bzzzz  Bzzz

I looked down at my phone and the text I had gotten. It was from Jocelyn.

Going off campus for lunch do you want anything?

-Chocklate shake please

Gotchu :) Meet you in 5th.

-Okay

I slid my phone back into my pocket, just as the bell rang. As J was placing my book in my bag I heard Amber cough, trying to get my attention.

"So send me a pic when you're done with the work. Thanks."

I looked at her wide eyed and smirked
"smh Um no I'll do my part and you do yours. That's kinda what partners means."

She flipped her hair and turned towards me. "Well.. you see I have plans with friends and a life so.. I can't but I'm sure you can. "

Haha. "Yeah no."

She scoffed and yelled out to me, but I didnt hear. She had gotten on my nerves since the first day I met her, and that wasn't going to change. Mrs. Parker usually partnered me with students like her so I could rub off on them, but she knew it was unlikely. I would keep my grade and the other person would just well barely pass.

I put on my earbuds and headed to the library. The girls were out getting food, so I'd just go to my usual spot. I wasn't a book fan, but liked the quiet peace the library had.

All I could think about was my stomach grumbling. I had woken up late and didnt have time to eat. I guess between sleep and food, sleep was just a tiny bit more important than food, but food was still really important.

I decided to finish up my assignments for the next two periods. I guess I am kind of a nerd, but that doesn't mean I like school. At all. I just know that good grades matter, so I try my best.

Time flew by really fast thankfully. I headed to my next class and saw Jocelyn standing outside with Ana. I ran over a little too excited, but it was food.

"Thank you so much girl
I'm starving",I said grabbing the shake from Jocelyns hand.

Ana handed me a bag saying, " We got you the whole meal."

A huge smile formed on my face. "Omg. Bless your soul, you heart, your life. Just bless yourself."

Ana just rolled her eyes and
laughed before heading to her class.

"C'mon we should go in Kat."

It was a make up day, so I could eat my food in peace.

"Haha. We figured you hadn't eaten anything."

"You two know me so well. I mean how could could I pass up on In n Out."

That would be a crime.

Halfway through the period a new guy came in. I had never seen him before, not that I really pay too much attention to people at school.

He was tall, probably close to 6'0, had light brown, slightly messy hair. He was wearing black jeans, dark red vans, and a white t shirt. I have to admit that he was pretty attractive.

He walked over to the teacher and gave him a slip. Mr. Simmons pointed towards me and the guy nodded. He started walking towards me.
I couldn't understand why this guy already had me feeling nervous and almost excited. He had only been here for a few minutes.

He sat down next to me. I could hear Jocelyn squealing a little bit behind me. I think he heard too because he turned towards me. We made eye contact for a few seconds. I was finally able to see his eyes, and they were beautiful. They were a mix of dark and light blue. They looked wishful and honest if that makes any sense. This guy was really attractive, but I had to keep my composure.

I finally snapped out of it when he extended his arm.

"Hi I'm Michael. Michael Castro. Nice to meet you."

I nervously shook his hand and managed to speak without stuttering.

"My names Kaitlynn. Nice to meet you too. "

______________________________________

A/N:

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my book. I will try to make it interesting and upload daily. Thank you again.🖤