Prompt 1

Prompt: Painting of a mansion, memories from a childhood and an emerald green gown

"We were playing in the sand, and you found a little band...you told me you fell in love with it, things hadn't gone as I planned.."

She ran her cold fingertips across the maroon walls of the cathedral, her saddened hazel eyes pacing with her feet as they clicked across the tiled floors, her heels making an echo through the lonely hallway. An emerald tinted gown hun off her scrawny figure, the laced hemline sweeping against her pale, bony ankles. The dress was made of a fine silk material, feeling soft to the touch. The bodice was quite tight around her waist for the satisfactory of keeping up against her slim frame. Her brunette locks fell eloquently across her freckled shoulder blades. Braided strands cupped around her temples and tied together at the back of her head, giving her normal waved hair a sense of elegance.

"When you had to bid adieu, said you'd never love anew...I wondered if I could hold it and fall in love with it too.."

Her freezing fingers soon enough trailed over the oak frame of a large acrylic painting of a beautiful mansion. She sighed in defeat, her still disheartened eyes scanning the familiar artwork. "Oh James..." she whispered to herself gently. Her hands shivered from the emptiness of them, her palms no longer holding the hand of her old friend. She missed him so very dearly...but he was a king now, in his own little kingdom; while she was only a duchess. She sighed and let her eyes flutter closed, letting the weight of her body gently lean against the wall. After James left with his father to Alexandria to build their empire, she was left with nothing but her thoughts...in all honesty, she had never felt so alone, even though she grew up as an orphan...

"You told me to buy a pony when all I wanted was you.."

After a few moments of her silent sulking, she heard a sound of echoing footsteps approaching her from the end of the hallway. She turned gently towards the mysterious being that walked towards her, staying cautious to make sure she wasn't being confronted by an unknown creature, but sighed in relief when she noticed it was only a maid that worked for her from the cathedral. "Miss Dominica, you are needed in the dining room. Someone awaits your presence.." the maid said politely, her hands staying gentle against her lap. Dominica nodded gently with a smile before she followed the maid back to the dining room. She was curious by the certain someone that wanted her to come to their aid. She picked up the skirt of her dress as she marched her way up the small set of stairs that lead her to the familiar dining room. The maid opened the large wooden doors with the golden door handle, the duchess walking in soon later. Her eyes crept up to the royal figure that stood before her, but almost shot open in immediate shock. Nostalgic flash backs echoed through her eye sockets as she stood, her irises almost seeming to reflect the tears against the light of the chandelier above. She couldn't believe what she was seeing...

James

Word Count: 543