Prompt 2

Prompt: A meadow, running away and a dress soaked in dew
[Me and my friends have decided to write a second part to our previous stories. Their users are in the book description!]

"J-James?"
Dominica's eyes were clouded with warm tears as she slowly approached her long lost friend, meeting his stormy grey gaze with her soft hazel eyes. She was confused about why he had returned after the many years he was gone, but didn't argue with it. She was more than joyful to see him...however, something in her heart held her back from the satisfaction of being overjoyed by his presence. She felt no sadness...but almost betrayed. She felt betrayed that he had the audacity to leave her behind. Her mind filled to the brim with a dull feeling of pain when she stared into his eyes, receiving a small small in return for her saddened expression.

"Dominica...I've missed you, old friend.." he said, his words rolling off his tongue smoothly, but hit the duchess in the heart like poison. The years of sulking and sadness seemed to wither away, only to be replaced with a sense of hatred towards the king. "You've missed me? Well...that would be pleasant to hear if you actually meant such a thing" She stated coldly, a small glare hinting at her eyes. The tears that were once lacing her eyes were then dissolved into an angry look of pure rage. She chewed on her fury the more she looked at him. When the words processed through James's head, he cocked an eyebrow, his eyes filling with an oblivious expression. "What do you mean? Of course I mean it-" he was going to finish his sentence, but was interrupted by a loud smack of Dominica's fist on the nearby table. "Stop lying to my face, James! If you truly cared, you would have come back for me years ago, or maybe have even taken me with you! I am tired of your lies. You only kept me around to make yourself look better.." she hissed, her words echoing through the dining room. With that, she left the room, storming down the hallway and out the doors of the cathedral. She needed some fresh air anyways.

She ran down the stoned pathway that lead to times square, getting oblivious and questioning glances from noble folk who were wandering around, but she ignored it. She wanted to ignore all of the pain of this reality that had hit her harder than anything she has ever experienced before. She pondered on where she would go, but remembered a place where her dreams came alive; the meadow. She came to a walk as she entered the small border of trees that laced the meadow. This was all too familiar. The beautiful coniferous trees, the paths decorated with roots from almost ancient trees and flowers among plenty. Her favourite part of the meadow was the plain of dancing grass and daisies that were protected by the mighty trees. She walked down one of the pathways, her once angered expression turning into a relaxed one. She felt calm in this place..much more calm than she had ever felt in that cathedral. While she walked, the skirt of her dress painted itself with the morning dew of the trees, but it wasn't a bother to her whatsoever. Soon enough, the sun began to shine on her figure as she found the field, a smile spreading across her face. She sighed happily and walked to the middle of the plain. She gazed around before laying down, staring at the bright blue sky. With that she closed her eyes, forgetting every little thing, taking in the moment from then on.

Word Count: 591

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 19, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Stories w/ The 3 Muskaqueersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें