Prologue

AN

NW80555: E

You know Junior may have considered today to be rather successful

Sure he didn't do much other than lend some men to Torchwick, but hey, everybody can look back with a little bit of pride right? Well, that was until blondie came by and trashed the place ruining his whole day!

Everyone in the club who worked for Junior currently was groaning in pain, some of them much like their boss had at least one nasty bruise on the side of their face as they sweep up glass in an attempt to clean. That was just until the door opened with a soft clang of metal gaining all of their attention as if they were all kids in a classroom when someone walks in.

"WHAT IS IT NOW!?" Junior yelled in anger, not in the mood to be welcoming customers, which to be fair was understandable.

The person who walked in wore a long black cloak that bore one white letter on its right side. The letter V. The cloak masked the majority of his features, excluding his plain white metal mask with two slits cut into them for vision, and if one looked at his hip near where the two sides of the cloak met one could make out a white metal hilt with a strange orange design.

"If you're willing to raise your voice at me Junior that's a sure sign that your closed." The cloaked stranger's words were like ice, devoid of emotion.

Junior turned, his eyes widened for a brief moment, "You again, well we're not closed. Just in the middle of cleaning a damn blondie's mess."

'Yep, that sounds like Yang.' The cloaked man thought to himself with a smirk hidden by his mask. He wiped it away to continue his persona, "I require information." He took a few steps away from the door, his steps carried a metal cling with them.

Junior let out a small sigh as he leaned on his broom, "When don't you Branwen? Well, let's hear it." Junior was used to the Branwen's visits. He was almost a frequent customer and helped him fight a few rival gangs in Vale. Safe to say that he was more than welcome to his club.

"I'm looking for Roman Torchwick." He seriously hopes Junior has something on him, otherwise it was gonna be a wild goose chase.

"Well that's too bad, you just missed him." In his mind Junior was debating if he should charge him for further information, he did need to buy some stuff to fix up the place, or he could just hire someone.

Meanwhile, the Branwen was mad at himself, "Do you know where he is?" In response, the club owner held out his hand expectantly, looking at Yin with raised brows.

"Of course you would." The Branwen sighed as he surrendered a  six hundred lien card.

Junior smirked cheekily, "Hey, I gotta pay for all of this somehow. I don't know where exactly he is, but he told me that he's teaming up with the White Fang for something big, he's not even entirely sure what it is.

The Branwen placed his hand under his chin in thought, "Why the hell wou-"

*RING* *RING* *RING*

Junior peered over as if trying to see the Branwen's scroll, but he never took it out. "...You gonna answer that?"

"I'll call them back." The Branwen responded. "Thanks for the info." He said as he walked out the nearly broken door.

He walked outside the club and into a nearby alleyway, The Branwen came out the other end without his cloak, mask and the metal hilt was replaced by a traditional black and red hilt that led into a black sheath that held his blade. The Branwen's features were a odd mixture between his mother Raven Branwen and father Taiyang Xiao Long. He shared a lot of his father's looks much to his own dismay especially when he teased him about their same hairstyle. It wasn't his fault but he was told not to comb it back because it can trigger a memory or whatever. He shared his mother's black hair and crimson eyes. His attire, he wore a black leather trench coat, black pants, and boots. Yes, Yang does tease him about all the black and his mentor absolutely hates it. Well, his body, his fashion.

"I don't get why you rely on that human so frequently." Speaking of his mentor.

The Branwen now pulled out his scroll looking at his call history. One missed call it said, from Yang, "Well sometimes people have their uses." He responded, and of course no comment...typical, well he likes to think that he got his social skills from Vergil. They are both social butterflies.

He pressed the green call back button and held the scroll by his ear as he walked further down the block, "Yin?" A female voice instantly answered his call.

A smirk grew on his face, "Yang." Yin and Yang, he doesn't know why but it's always fun to start off a phone call with those two words.

Yang let out a sigh on the other end. "Yin where did you go? I thought you were going to stay at the hotel." As concerned as always, annoying, but that's just what siblings do.

Yin walked with the crowd towards where he believed to be the general direction of their hotel. "Oh you know just went out for one of my peaceful walks through the city.

He could tell that made her roll her eyes, "Well how long till you get back?" She asked as if she were a wife upset with work hours.

"YIN YIN YIN!!!" A younger female voice yelled in rapid session as if in the middle of a sugar rush. "I MADE IT TO BEACON!"

I MADE IT TO BEACON
I made it to Beacon
...she made it to Beacon

Those words echoed in his mind, taunting him with the innocence they were drenched in. He felt anger swelling within him, his smile faded, "Is that so? Good job Ruby, tell me all about when I get there." He said as he spotted a raven sitting on top of a stoplight watching him like an owl. "I'll see ya there alright bye." He hung up the call and dispersed from the crowd into a different alleyway. The bird followed his every move. 

He never wanted Ruby to become a huntress. Even with his pleading, she made her choice and this family there is known for being stubborn.

He clenched his fist as he leaned against the wall. "Ruby is so naive!" He spoke out loud to himself, "She has no idea what she's asking for and Ozpin let her enter not one but two years early!" 

"Well, that's Ozpin for you." A female voice rang above him, 

He looked up. There his mother, Raven Branwen, stood in front of the moon, its light reflecting on a faint fog forming an aura of mystery around her.

"He must have really missed having a silver warrior to boss around if he was willing to recruit her. Their crimson eyes met, "Speaking of Ozpin didn't I tell you to stay away from Beacon?"