Chapter 3: New Recruits

C H A P T E R 3 : N E W  R E C R U I T S

The after school club began with the punished students siting and facing Peach.

"Good evening everyone! I hope you're all excited about joining my new club!" Peach happily hands out her club's sign up form. "I'm your club manager and Mr. Tu is the club sponsor!"

"Uh...can I just have regular detention?" Bowser looks unamused.

"Yeah...this is boring..." Wario adds on.

"I'm missing try outs for this..." Mario mumbles.

"Students! Please...Peach has stressed and worked hard getting the approval for this club...I ask that all of you respect her and what she is asking of you." Mr. Tu addresses the student's complaints.

"Thank you Mr. Tu. You all may think the club is boring at the moment...but...just you wait!" Peach excitedly pulls out a pamphlet and begins reading. "This new club will be a Go-Kart Racing club!"

"Wait...is she serious?" Yoshi begins to gain interest.

Peach ignores him and reads the requirements. "Students will be required to practice Grand Prix races...Time Trials...Balloon Battles...and solo races against another competitor. Three out of the four will be completed at a the Mushroom Cup..."

"Hold on Peach...this actually sounds fun!" Mario is now giving Peach his attention.

"I told you all! My club is a new breakthrough at this school!" Peach excitedly announces while simultaneously blushing.

"You see there are schools all over the country that participate in this Go-Karting competition." Mr. Tu informs the students.

"That's right! There's a total of three cups and we are going to win all of them! Especially with me behind the wheel during the solo race!" Peach says with dedication. "Practice starts tomorrow!"

The students begin cheering for this new club...a new journey awaits each of them. They pack up and continue throughout their day.

~~~~~~~

Daisy

"Sorry we're late Coach Wiggler!" I hear Mario calls out with Bowser, DK, and Yoshi following behind while I sit on the bleachers awaiting my instructions.

"It's fine...just inform the newcomers on what they have to do..." Coach Wiggler looks annoyed.

"Alright! Listen up everyone! For those of you who pass today's tryouts...I'll be your captain! Let's get started!" Mario looks at a clipboard. "Daisy...you're up first." He holds out a football for me to grab.

"Uh...Okay?..." I stand up from my seat and get ready.

"Wait hold on!" Waluigi angrily shouts behind me. "We're letting a girl join the football team?!"

"Yeah...you have a problem with it?" Mario remarks.

"Yes! She's a girl! I doubt she even knows the rules of football!" Waluigi complains.

"Dude...just give her a shot." Mario defends me. "Go ahead Daisy...stand on the 50 yard line and kick the ball to Coach Wiggler" He points at the end zone where Coach Wiggler is the ball to be thrown.

"Oh...okay..." I quietly respond.

I prepare myself and stand at the 50 yard line. I can see Yoshi holding the ball in position as I walk to my position. I quickly run towards the ball and kick it furiously towards the yellow upright where Coach Wiggler is. The whole team...including Waluigi...is left with their mouths open...