Chapter 5: Problems

C H A P T E R 5 : P R O B L E M S

The day began with the many students prepared to begin their Go-Karting club. Pauline and her followers were missing but Peach had yet to notice as she was too busy reviewing the club's plans for the Mushroom Cup.

~~~~~~~

Pauline

"I've got it!" Pauline looked at Candy and Birdo who had stopped adjusting themselves in the bathroom mirror.

"Got what?" Candy raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"I know how I'll get back at Peach for embarrassing me during the race!" Pauline smirked as she slapped a layer of purple eyeshadow.

Birdo removes her view from the mirror to look at Pauline. "You already thought of a plan? That was quick."

"I always work fast." Pauline looks around the bathroom. "Where's Toadette?"

"I wouldn't worry about it too much, she actually attended the club meeting. That goody two shoes actually likes the club." Candy says as she admires herself in the bathroom mirror.

Birdo rolls her eyes. "She's such a follower."

"She'll owe us later, for now, let's go back to Peach's dumb club." Pauline exits the bathroom.

"You didn't even tell us about your plan!" Birdo quickly follows behind.

"Yawn! I'll pass on attending the club meeting." Candy exits the bathroom following closely behind Pauline.

~~~~~~~

Peach

The club meeting had been going great for Peach. Everyone was ready to go over the plans she had set up for the Mushroom Cup. Peach knew that she had finally gained their respect. She was proud of herself and her achievement.

"So it's settled! Mario, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, DK, and-" Peach is interrupted before she finishes going over the set list for the Mushroom Cup.

"Don't forget about me!" Pauline barges into the room with Birdo and Candy on each of her sides.

"Pauline, Birdo, and Candy...you're late to the meeting..." Peach remarks.

"Chill out Peach sweetie, don't stress out about it." Pauline rolls her eyes. "Hey Mario! I missed you!" Pauline sits besides Mario and kisses him.

"I-um..." Peach blushes. "Ahem...as I was saying...For the Grand Prix event at the Mushroom Cup, we have the following racers participating-" Peach is interrupted by Mario and Pauline snickering.

"No you are!" Mario whispers to Pauline.

"You are too much Mario!" Pauline smiles.

"Mario...Pauline...please keep it down..." Peach attempts to quiet down the couple.

"Stop being such a mood killer Peach...can't you see Mario and me are busy..." Pauline flicks her hair.

"I...I...understand that...but I have very important information to review with the club and I'd appreciate it if you'd keep it down a bit." Peach annoyingly tries to keep Pauline in check.

"Oh Peachy girl. You're kidding yourself right?" Pauline glares furiously at Peach.

"I...I have no idea what you're talking about...Please just keep it down..."

"Look I know you're interested in Mario but keep this is in mind!" Pauline stands up from her chair. "You will never have Mario! He is my boyfriend and we are happy together!" She sashays out of the class.