Chapter Eight | What Happened To Hiroto?

[Nope, you're not getting kidnapped just yet. Sorry. Warning: foul language and gore.]

"Y/n!" Y/n had collapsed to the ground, unable to remain conscious because of the gas. "You bastard Hiroto! She's just a human! That could've killed her!" Without any thought for the consequences, Nagumo raced towards the Incupire and tackled him to the ground. The markings on his torso blazed a blinding red and flames gushed from his hands, scorching Hiroto's neck. This would've probably killed or seriously injured a regular person, but since Hiroto wasn't exactly a normal person, he was relatively unharmed. Suzuno had picked up Y/n's limp body in his arms, protecting her, and once the fighting began he created a tall barrier of black ice, making sure no harm would come to the girl in his arms. Hiroto shoved Nagumo over so he was pinning him to the ground and then brought his wrist up to his mouth. "You vampire son of a bitch, don't you dare." Nagumo threatened, glaring. Hiroto simply flashed the fire demon a smirk before sinking his fangs into the other monsters wrist, sucking the blood straight from the veins. Nagumo screamed in agony, and fought back all he could, but he was growing weaker with each drop of blood that left his body and Hiroto was superior in strength.

Suzuno rolled his eyes at his friend's failed attempt and shot a blast of ice towards Hiroto, knocking him unconscious and sprawled on the ground. "One thing, Asshole, you couldn't do one thing!" Nagumo struggled to stand, and grinned at his icy friend. "Hey, at least I actually managed to get him." Suzuno rolled his eyes and pulled down the icy barrier. "What do we do about blood sucking boy over there?" "We leave him. He'll awake in about five minutes. If we're lucky. As for Y/n, let's take her back to her house." Nagumo nodded and a red and blue smoke enveloped them, before they disappeared and reappeared at Y/n's House. They left her sleeping soundly in her house before leaving for the shrine. When they arrived, Hiroto was gone. "That's to be expected. He wouldn't stay out for long." Suzuno reassured his friend. "Come on. We need to get back." They stepped onto the shrines symbols and disappeared, leaving behind only a small pool of Nagumo's blood.

Y/n awoke in her room, not knowing how or why she was there. And then it all came crashing back: Nagumo and Suzuno, the mysterious figure, the purple gas and then-- nothing. She'd blacked out. 'Who was that? Whoever they were I didn't like them one bit. Ah, my head kills. I should get some rest.' Y/n lay down on her bed, and slowly drifted off to sleep, dreaming of Demons and purple gas. But when she woke up, from a particularly nasty dream about having her blood sucked by a Vampire, she thought of something. "What happened to Hiroto?" She quickly scrambled out of bed, grabbed her jacket and shoes (She was already dressed) and ran outside to Hiroto's house. She arrived at his house and knocked urgently on the door. Nothing. She knocked again. Still nothing. Desperately, she tried once more, before the door opened ever so slightly. She saw a tiny bit of Hiroto's pale face, but he looked different. She didn't know how, but he just did. "Y/n?" He opened the door wider and pulled her inside, before slamming it again. "Hiroto, I'm so glad you're safe! I didn't see you after that student was killed, and I was starting to worry." She hugged him tightly, thankful one of her only friends was safe. "You don't need to worry about me, you know I'll be fine." he looked down at her with a kind smile, but then she noticed something: a tiny trail of blood next to his lip.

"Hiroto, did you cut yourself or something? There's blood on your lip." Hiroto seemed slightly startled, and traced over his lip. "Oh, that's just where I tripped over earlier. No need to worry, it's nothing." Y/n thought it was a tiny bit suspicious, but she brushed it off.

"Anyway, did you hear about the fight at the shrine earlier?" Y/n paled. "A fight? It wasn't between two Demons, a girl and another monster was it?" "Woah, were you there or something? It totally was!" Y/n nervously chuckled. "Oh, don't be silly, how could I be there?" Hiroto rolled his eyes. "Easy. An eyewitness apparently saw you. Care to explain Y/n?" Y/n started to panic (At the disco, know what I'm saying? 😉) "No, you must have me confused with someone else. I wasn't at a shrine today." Hiroto didn't look like he believed her, but he didn't push it any further. "If you say so. But seriously, there was ice, fire and blood everywhere! It was sick." Y/n wrinkled her nose in disgust. "How can you enjoy that? The very sight of blood makes me feel faint." "Wuss. It wasn't that bad, just like a pool of blood or something." "Stop it stop it stop it! You know I don't like talking about that kind of stuff! Let's talk about something else." "Like I said, wuss." Y/n elbowed him playfully. "Oh shut up." The two continued to chat and laugh together, but all would not be well for too long, for tomorrow was the day Hiroto would be meeting Y/n's friends, and that wouldn't go very well at all...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep. Next chapter is where it all goes downhill. So, expect a lot from the next chapter! Thanks for reading, and thank you to everyone who shows the tiniest bit of support to this book, it means a lot to me. Thank you guys so much, I love you all more than words can express, and I'll be seeing you all shortly. Have a great day/night! Bye!

-Author-chan 👋