chapter fifteen

Sophia and David had spent the past two weeks together, including nightly sleepovers. It wasn't all sex, they just liked having each other's company. It was mostly David sleeping at Sophia's place because of Apollo, who he had genuinely come to love. He would put him in the vlog really often, and people were starting to think he was his. Sophia couldn't remember the last time she had been in a stable relationship. They weren't officially an item, but everyone knew that they were together. David wanted to make things more permanent with her, but he wasn't sure he was ready for that. Sophia was in no rush. She was happy just being with him and not thinking about it.

She was also becoming really good friends with Matt. He was so knowledgeable about everything and they had so much in common. They were newfound film buddies and they'd go to the theater to see the obscure movies that no one else wanted to see together. He was really trustworthy and gave amazing advice, but he also knew how to let loose and have a good time. Sophia was initially nervous that their friendship would bother David, but he never seemed to get upset. He was usually a pretty carefree guy, and if he did get upset, it wouldn't last very long. It was something she both admired and didn't understand.

"The vlog is actually a shit show. I have 2 minutes left and I have no good footage." David sighed, tapping his fingers on his keyboard impatiently.

"Let's do a beach bonfire with the squad and then have the guys jump over the flame." Sophia suggested, eating her Chipotle contently. Apollo sat at her feet, wagging his tail excitedly as he waited for scraps.

"Oh shit, that's kinda funny. Do you think they'd be down?"

"Aren't they always? Plus if we do this tonight we have some of tomorrow to film in case it doesn't work out."

David nodded, pulling out his phone and typing rapidly. He closed his laptop and gathered his things, motioning for Apollo to jump onto his lap. Sophia grabbed his leash as David carried him in his arms, the dog in one hand and his laptop in the other. They closed the door behind them before running down to the Tesla and taking off towards Walmart. They needed to buy the wood for the fire, some beach blankets, and some snacks. They danced to music on the way there, David recording the two of them screaming loudly as Apollo yapped along to the music. They finally arrived at Walmart, walking down to the camping section and looking for wood.

"Wait, do you know how to build a fire?" David asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"I thought you would know how." Sophia laughed, shaking her head as David pointed the camera at her and Apollo.

"So we're at Walmart looking for things for our bonfire tonight. We don't know what to buy."

"Wait, let's call Heath. He's our resident yeehaw bitch."

David laughed loudly, making Sophia giggle as she dialed his number. She put it on speaker so the camera would be able to hear him.

"Yo, are we actually doing a bonfire tonight?" Heath asked as he answered the call.

"That depends. We're at Walmart but we don't know what to buy to build a fire. Please give us your swamp wisdown, Heath."

"You guys are fucking idiots."

"Who lives in a 2.6 million dollar house again?" David joked, Sophia rolling her eyes playfully.

"Fuck you, David," Heath laughed as he grabbed his keys.

"I'll be right there."