chapter twenty

After spending a few hours browsing around the mall, Sophia left with a few new pieces including a dress for the party. Matt barely went to the mall, so he decided to splurge and treat himself to a few nice clothing items. Once they got in the car, they went on their way to Trisha's place. She was recording a mukbang and Jason was there with her. Upon arriving, they knocked on her apartment door. Trisha was in the middle of recording, so Jason opened the door.

"Hey guys, come in." Jason smiled, opening the door wider for them to come in.

"Who's there, babe?" Trisha asked from her couch.

"Hey, mom." Sophia joked, Trisha squealing excitedly,

"Come say hi!" She smiled, patting the couch next to her. Sophia and Matt popped into the video, waving at the camera and giving Trish a hug.

"Want something to eat? There's plenty." She said, motioning to the pizza in front of her.

"I'll grab a slice." Matt nodded, stealing one and sitting down on the couch next to her.

"Can I talk to you?" Sophia whispered once she was off camera, Jason nodding and leading her towards the kitchen.

"What's going on?" He wondered, scratching the back of his neck.

Sophia expressed her concerns to Jason, saying that she was worried about David because he was overworking himself. She asked for advice on how to talk to him about it, if she should even mention it, and for ideas on how to get him to go out with her without the vlog being the main priority.

"Talking to David about this is kinda rough. He usually gets mad when you mention it and it leads to a fight."

"I figured, which is why I haven't said anything. I don't want to fight with him, I just want him to live his life and get some sleep."

Jason smiled at her words. David was his best friend, and he was really grateful that he had found someone like Sophia that cared about him. He often worried about the same things she was expressing. David was really young, and Jason sometimes feared he wasn't living his life to the fullest.

"Does he know you're annoyed?" Jason asked, leaning against the counter.

"I don't know. He was doing shit on his computer when I walked out, so I'm not sure if he was paying enough attention to notice." Sophia shrugged, looking down at her feet.

Trisha and Matt emerged from the living room, holding all the boxes of food. They dropped them on the counter before joining the conversation.

"Just break up with him." Trisha shrugged, making the three of them laugh.

"Or, make him regret not going to the party with you." She continued, biting at her nail absentmindedly.

"How do I do that?"

"Wear something cute, post some stories up making it look live as fuck. When he gets mad about it, that can open the door to the conversation that you need to have."

"Oh, that's good!" Matt nodded excitedly, Jason shaking his head.

"I don't like this."

"Neither do I," Sophia mumbled crossing her arms.

"But if this is the way to have the conversation with him naturally, it needs to be done."

"Let me see what you're wearing." Trish piped up, looking at the bags she had left by the door.

" Trish piped up, looking at the bags she had left by the door

Sophia changed into one of the dresses she had picked out. She wasn't sure if this was the best option for the party, but she liked the pop of color.

"It's definitely cute, but we can do better. What else did you get?" Trisha wondered, clapping her hands excitedly. Sophia looked through the bags before pulling out the second option she had bought.

 Sophia looked through the bags before pulling out the second option she had bought

"That's the one! Oh my god, you have to borrow this bag." Trisha squealed, grabbing it off the counter. Sophia gasped, shaking her head.

"No way. This is an expensive ass bag."

"And it goes with the look. Borrow it for the night." Trisha insisted, Sophia hugging her tightly.

"Let's hope this doesn't backfire."