Chapter 2:

Well hello, my name is Joe. Haha that rhymes! I just turned 19 on May 1. I live in LA right on the beach. Can you believe it? The BEACH! I get excited over the little things. It makes life more interesting. But, I’m just in a great mood right now! It’s almost the end of senior year and probably the best summer is coming up, right before college. I plan to find a college in LA just because it’s close to home. However, I think I’m going to start in the spring, not the fall. That way I have I little more time off school and can work on getting a little cash.

Even though I want to go to college close to home, I wasn’t planning to stay at home. I want to stay in a dorm. My family is rich, yes. Can I tell you a secret? I hate being rich sometimes. Of course, I love the money and luxury but I like getting some for myself, too. When my parents just give it to me for the hell of it, I feel like a child that can’t do anything for himself. If I stay home, I’ll just feel like that for the rest of my life. I want to be an adult and get things for myself. I want to be independent.

I’ve always had to live for myself though. My parents were never really around when I was younger; and well, they still aren’t. They always had a nanny take care of me - not even relatives. I'm not sure what kind of family I have out there because I’ve never met any of them. It's sad. The nannies constantly changed, too so I’ve never had a close relationship with many people. I do have a best friend – more like a brother actually. His name is Chris. Chirs Elliot. I’ve known him since, well, ever. We went to pre-k together, stayed tight all through school, and he practically lives at my house. His mom died a while back and his dad is an alcoholic who is never home, so instead of living alone he stays at my house almost every night; and when I say almost every night, I mean it literally. On average, he is here about 364 days of the year. It’s perfectly fine with me, though because I would be all alone every day too. I like company and having people around, although I’ve never had many friends… or girl friends for that matter. All girls want me for is my money. I don’t think I’ve ever had a relationship longer than a few months. I just wish that a special girl would come into my life.

I’ve only been in love once. Her name was Angela, but I called her Angie. We dated for 3 months then broke up but I still had feelings for her. About a year later, we got back together and it lasted about four and a half months. Quite an improvement, huh? Well let me tell you why we broke up: It was probably one of the prettiest summer nights ever and I had taken her out to dinner at a restaurant that was on the beach – and I mean ON the beach. It was so romantic. Later that night, around midnight we took a stroll along the coastline. The moon was full so it was bright and the reflection of it on the water was perfect. The light from the moon shined on Angie’s hair making it look a dark red, almost purple, even though she was a brunette. Well she got a call saying she had to get home quickly and I insisted on walking her back but she said no and took a cab. I called her a cab, it came and got her, she left, and the car crashed, killing her. I was so devastated; and I didn’t even get a chance to tell her I loved her.

Nonetheless, that was the end of that. I try to move on from it but it's too hard. Sometimes I see a girl that looks like her and I break down internally. I just need this summer to get here already. I’m ready for my life to change up a little.

**

A/N:

Sorry the chapters are short but if you noticed they switch off between the two points of view so its hard to write really long ones when I'm trying to give a bunch of detail.

Anywhoo, hope you like it so far.

Comments and criticism are appreciated :)