Chapter 6:

Where in the hell did my skim boards go? I’ve been in my basement looking for them for like 20 minutes now. Chris was waiting for me outside. I guess he got impatient because he came back in. He had a drink in his hand and a mouth full of food; I’m guessing Betty brought it to him. Betty is a maid here. She’s so friendly and loves to talk to anyone or about anything. Sometimes I don’t even think of her as a maid. She’s more like a mother figure to me.

“Dude, where are they?” Chris asked me with food in his mouth. He spit a little out of his mouth while saying ‘they’ and it flew towards me. I jumped back and he looked at me funny.

“I have no idea! Ugh, just wanna boogie board instead?” I said frustrated.

“Sure,” he said.

I knew where those were. I found them while looking for the skim boards. I grabbed them, handed one to Chris and we walked outside. He set his drink on the table in front of the door and ran to the water. I took of my shirt threw it on the table and ran right behind him. We stayed out there for a few hours then went back inside. Betty had some dinner made but I wasn’t really hungry. It was only like 5:00. I just told her that I was going to walk around outside. Chris sat down and started eating. I went upstairs to change into some dry clothes and headed out the door. Once I walked outside the afternoon sun blinded me, so I ran back inside to get my sunglasses. It was a beautiful afternoon, though. I walked up and back down the street slowly, trying to pass time. It had been about 25 minutes before I started to get hungry. I walked back to the house to get some food. When I sat down to eat, I realized that Betty had started to make another plate of food for me. She was so nice.

“Betty you didn’t have to…” I trailed off.

She said, “Yes, Mr. Joe I know, but I thought you’d like a nice fresh plate.”

“I could’ve just warmed it up in-” I was cut off.

“Mr. Joe, it’s okay! I don’t mind. Really,” she insisted so I had to agree.

“Okay. Well thanks, I appreciate it,” I smiled at her and she nodded while smiling back then walked to the kitchen to wash the dishes. “And stop calling me Mr. Joe” I exclaimed laughing.

Truth is I really did appreciate it.

I went upstairs to my room and for some odd reason, Chris was there looking out my back door towards the ocean. Since my house was so big, I gave almost half of it to Chris. I say ‘almost half’ because it’s more as if I have 60 percent and he has 40; but mine had a better view of the beach and I could also see the house across the culdesac from my deck, which looped around along the side of the house. Like I'd give up the better view…

I went up to the door and looked out.

Well I thought he was looking at the ocean but now I’m almost positive he was looking at the girl – in the ocean. She dove under so gracefully and came back up, head leant back and hair falling down past her shoulders. She started walking out of the water and holy crap… she had a nice body. She was in a bikini but unlike all the other sluts around here, it wasn’t too revealing. She had beautiful brown hair that was like 3 inches past her shoulder. It was straight, but probably because of the water. Another girl in a bikini came running down the beach with two beach chairs; she was a little shorter. She also had straight hair but it was blonde and above her shoulders. From where we were, it looked like a ‘Rihanna bob’ you know where it was like shorter in the back and longer in the front? She gave one chair to the girl that was already there and they brought them into the water right where it was shallow enough that it just barely hit the underneath of the chair. They sat down and started to talk. They played in the water with their feet just splashing them around and occasionally one would splash the other. They’d use their hands to splash a more massive amount of water at each other.