Prologue

2 Years Earlier

I watched intently as Kaki started putting clothes and jewelry and whatever else in to a large suitcase with a wide smile on her face.

"What are you doing Kaki?" I asked.

"I'm packing for a trip with some friends. Wanna help me?" She asks with a hope expression. I nod and make my over to where she was, making sure not to fall or trip on the masses of clothes laid out on the floor.

"How long will you be gone for?" Kaki sighs.

"A couple of months Sofi. But I promise to face time or call everyday whenever I can, okay?" She responds, holding out her pinkie finger. I nod and link my much smaller pinkie with hers, sealing the promise. We continued to pack for another half an hour or so before mother called us down to have dinner.

"Are you excited to go on tour with the girls Camila?" Dad asks as we ate.

"Oh yes. It's going to be stressful, but also a lot of fun for sure. I know I'll be far away, but I'll try to call as often as possible, and I'll be back for the Miami show before you know it."

"We know honey. It's just we're worried about you, going out like this by yourself at the age of 17."

"Don't worry Mami, I will be fine. After all, I have the girls with me and our security team as well. I'll be safe." The rest of dinner went by in silence, filling the air with tension so thick that it could have been cut with a knife.

"Sofia, go and have fun with your sister tonight. Your mother and I will handle the dishes." Father says, motioning towards Kaki. Beaming, I quickly give father a large hug before following Kaki up the stairs to her room. The rest of the night we spent watching movies together like The Lion King and Frozen, but time still went by too fast. Pretty soon, I knew that she would be gone and just the thought of it made me sick.

"It's getting late Sofi. I think it's time to turn in for the night." I hear Kaki say before the lights went out. I slowly drift off to sleep as she slowly wraps her arms around my body.

"Sofi!" A voice calls out, waking me from my dreams. I slowly open my eyes to see Kaki all dressed up and ready to go.

"Sofi, I've got to go now. Never forget that I love you, okay? I'll call you as soon as I can." She says before embracing me in one last hug. Smiling sadly, I watched in misery as she retrieves her suitcase and saunters out the door.

Present Day

That was two years ago. When do you think was the last time she called me or our parents? One day? One week? Two weeks? A month? Wrong! I have never once received a call from this so called sister of mine.

Thanks for reading guys! I hope you enjoyed this prologue! Tell what you think about this story so far! Should I continue or not?

~Desmond