Your Smile that is Even More Enchanting (1)

The lightbulbs that hung from the limbs of a tree outside the corner store were bright, and Chu Jian needed to shift her gaze away from their radiance. The backs of her ears burning hot, she tossed back a sentence of “I’m not even going to pay any attention to you” and ran back down the lane along the way she had come.

Surrounded by the veil of the night, Jian Bianlin could not help letting out a laugh.

Too anxious. You’re too anxious, Jian Bianlin.

The old saying was right: When people are extremely happy, they, indeed, will forget themselves.

Stretching and moving his arms about for a little bit, he very contentedly brought his hands behind his head and linked them together to prop up his head as well as his neck that was achy from filming for an entire day.

Staring after Chu Jian’s backside, he truly felt that even just her action of walking was incredibly adorable…

When the two returned empty-handed and stepped again into the small restaurant, the uncle-like restaurant owner was gnawing on chicken feet. Seeing that the two had come back, he beamingly prattled, “Good thing I saw that your bike was still here; otherwise I would have thought that you had run off.” Saying this, he brought out their food and laid it out. On that table, if it was not a chicken dish, then it was an egg dish, but Jian Bianlin still savoringly enjoyed the food. This was the first meal he had consumed this whole day.

It had been rather late when he arrived on location at noon and he had still needed to get the “tattoo” hand-painted onto his back. That had been an intricate and painstaking piece of work where he had been unable to move in the slightest, so he had not told the makeup artist that he had not even had the chance to have a drink of water.

Concerned that it would be unsafe if he brought her back at too late an hour, Jian Bianlin scarfed down the food until he was half-full. Gulping down a couple of mouthfuls of warm water to help his stomach feel better, he went over and exchanged a couple of words with the uncle-like restaurant owner. The uncle gave a “hee hee” of laughter, then picked up his coat and walked out. Soon, he returned, having bought the item that Jian Bianlin needed…

After a single glimpse at that item, Chu Jian did not dare look that uncle in the eye anymore.

Forcing herself to put on a pretense of composure, she picked up the last piece of chicken with her chopsticks and put it into her mouth. Slowly, she separated the meat from the bone with her teeth before bowing her head and spitting out the bone. Of course, beneath that table where a third person could not possibly see, she gave a fierce stomp on Jian Bianlin’s foot.

So hard. He was wearing military boots. It was destined that he would feel no pain from that, but he did feel something.

He lifted his eyelids to look at her. She glared back at him. But then, her face flushed first and she shifted her eyes away to look elsewhere.

……

When they later returned to the little inn, the production cast and crew had also just finished eating.

The place that they were staying in was a little inn that had been completely reserved by the film team. Although it was called an inn, it was so simple and basic that it really was not all that different from a farm dwelling. There was no specified dining room. Everyone ate on the first floor, where several large, round tables had been pulled together, and that was it. Chu Jian was not paying attention when she walked through the door and ran into the dried chili peppers and corn that were hanging outside the doorway. So she, the one who had wanted to sneak in quietly, ended up creating a huge noise.