Your Smile that is Even More Enchanting (4)

Chu Jian was both drowsy and stunned. She felt as if she had just gone on several successive roller coaster rides. Seeing the deepening smiles on her parents’ faces—the type of smile where it was practically like they were going to get to hold their grandchild straightaway—she grew even more embarrassed…

We can just go get married. What are you kneeling for? …

She was stuck for words for a long while. “I already said yes before, remember?”

With those words, she left him there and went back into her room.

Jian Bianlin wanted to chase after her but also dared not. It was only after Chu Jian’s mom threw him a look that he pushed open the door and stepped into the room as well.

Chu Jian’s dad gleefully began to follow, too, but Chu Jian’s mom dragged him back. “Those two kids likely had a quarrel; otherwise Little Jian, that boy, would not need to knock on the door at six in the morning to propose, and purposely in front of the parents, too. And it was the down-on-one-knee type…”

Chu Jian’s dad clued in. “That boy, Little Jian, is pretty amazing—just amazing. He’s got a mind of his own!”

“Let’s go, let’s go. You and I, we’re going to go do our morning exercise. After the exercise, we’ll go have morning tea and breakfast. Then after breakfast, we’ll walk around the mall…” Chu Jian’s mom wrapped a scarf around herself, pulled on her parka, and, nudging Chu Jian’s dad along, left the apartment.

The living room was restored to quiet. Inside the bedroom, though, the heavens and earth had long been turned bottomside up.

On the other side of the bedroom door, Chu Jian was shoving unrelentingly at Jian Bianlin, her voice restrained as she accused, “How can you be so annoying? You’re even forcing marriage!” Bending at the waist, Jian Bianlin circled his arms around her legs, lifted her straight up, and set her onto the bed.

“My dad and mom are just outside.” Chu Jian pushed him away in a fluster, but her wrists ended up caught in his grasp and held above her head against the pillow. As things would have it, at this same moment, the front door of her home was slammed shut.

It was obvious that it was to inform them that nobody else was at home.

He brushed his lips against her. “From now on… don’t shut off your phone.”

His scorching breath whispered across her lips. Chu Jian explained in a low voice, “It was because Tong Fei kept calling me but I didn’t want to answer, so I shut it off. I didn’t know that you would call me.”

How could he not call her after something like that happened?

The whole night in the stairwell, he had done nothing except brood over what he should do if she really was mad. He had never known how to soothe and coax her to smiles. When they were kids and he did not think that deeply about the things between them, it was actually simple. He would just go along with what she wanted and things would be fine. Later, after he liked her, then fell in love with her, he was completely hopeless when it came to her.

Jian Bianlin’s throat tightened. Noiselessly, he began to nibble, inch by inch, searching everywhere for places on her chest and behind her neck, until in the end, he even murmured provocatively by her ear, “I made it all red.”

“……”

In the beginning, he actually had not intended on doing anything but afterward, this was no longer the case.

This was the first time he had ever come in contact with Chu Jian’s bed. The location was simply too special. As they rolled beneath the covers and sank into the pillow, her scent pervaded all around. It was unavoidable, therefore, that his actions were a little fiercer than normal.