2: The Escape

Danny's POV:

I wake up to flaring red lights and blaring alarms. There was a commotion coming from another experimentation room down the hall from me. What's going on? I think as I glance around my cell. I stumble to my feet and go over to the door to see if I can look through the bars on the window in the door to figure what in Clockwork's name was going on. That's when I heard the robotic voice over the intercom.

"Evacute the building. Experiment B46 has gotten loose and has damaged the structural integrity of the base. I repeated evacuate now."

What!? How the heck did someone escape and do this all while I was alseep!? And then I remembered B46, they were the most dangerous person in the building. They felt no pain and had to be constantly restrained and under watch by at least 3 guards. A scientist probably got careless when he was testing and let B46 out.

Wait.

This is my chance.

All the guards are distracted and running.

I made up my mind right then. It was my only chance to escape or die trying. Either way I would finally be free. Free. I hadn't thought about that in so long that now it seemed like a distant dream. I quickly reached up to the power-damping collar around my neck and let a small ectoblast to where I had broken off a bit if the casing and exposed the wiring. I heard a click and clank as the metal collar fell to the ground. I almost felt like crying at the simple feeling of air on my neck. For the first time in 2 years I didn't have that awful thing on my neck while it drained any energy I had.

I glanced out the window again and listened for any guards coming. There was no noise aside from the blaring alarms and distant shouts and commotion. I examined the door and saw that it had a weak point near the hinges. They always check the locks but not the hinges I thought to myself with a wry grin.

I let off a small ectoblast to get the door loose enough that I can yank it open it. It was a small blast with barely any energy behind it, but it still drained me because of my weakened state. I yanked the door open as quietly as I could but I doubt the GIW would hear it anyways since they were busy dealing with B46. I quickly race down the hall away from where I heard the fighting.

I looked around as I ran/hobbled down the hall trying to find a way out or at least a hiding place. Because I wasn't paying attention to the floor in front of me I tripped on a discarded gun before I felt a pair of arms grab me from behind and lift me up. I tensed up, getting ready to fight, as all coherent thoughts left my head... But then the arms let me go and I hear a smooth voice behind me, "Watch where you're going kid don't want the GIW to catch you now that you're out."

What?

WHAT!!???

I flip around and see the person who caught me. Its a man in his 40's who is horribly malnourished and looks pretty beat up. As I look him over I notice he is wearing the standard get-up that the GIW uses for prisoners of a loose white shirt, white sweats, and flimsy white slip-on shoes. Of course none of our clothes stay white long and are always stained with blood and chemicals. My eyes widen as I realize that he was an escaped prisoner too.

"You okay kid?" he asks and then eyed the muzzle preventing my speech. "Oh they got you muzzled huh." He squinted at the muzzle, "If you'll let me I can take a look and see if I can get that awful thing off." He looked back at my eyes looking for my consent. I hesitantly nodded because he was either honest or gonna hurt me, and I've already been pushed past my limits on pain so it couldn't be worse than what I've already experienced.

He walked closer and then got behind me and I felt him start to mess with the mask. "Geeze how many straps does this thing have." I was honestly shocked at his quiet tone and how gentle he was being while trying to undo all the straps.

I felt the mask slip and the man tossed it away. He dusted off his hands and walked back in front of me. "That better?" I touch my face and slowly nod still surprised he was honest about trying to help me. I open my mouth, "H-how... D'you e-escape?" The words came out a bit strained because of it hadn't been used in so long.

The man smiled, "They didn't know I had powers. They first brought me in because I had tried to go against them and show the public what they were doing to people. They made me a test subject once they caught and silenced me, since I have nobody who would miss me and they couldn't pass up the opportunity to, 'see what an idiot like me could stand.' Their words not mine."

I gaped at him for a second before he turned serious again. "If we want to make it out we need to leave now. B46 can only hold out for so long. I'll explain everything later if you want to come with me, I assume you don't want to stay and have a nice cup if tea with the GIW once they've learned you escaped."

I nod, still not comfortable with talking aloud, and he gains a slight grin, "Alright then! Let's head out kid. By the way the name is Zeal Mast pleasure meeting you." with that Zeal turned and began to lead the way to our newfound freedom.

A/N:... Wow that... Sucked oh my gosh what am I doing. Oh well, here is the new chapter hope you liked it. I started and then was like "actually how would he escape" and BAM! B46 and then I was like "what if he tripped? BAM! Zeal. Sorry its crappy this is my first time really writing out a whole story and I have no idea how to plan a decent story line, let alone an escape from a 'secure facility' feedback is welcomed. Thanks for reading.

~Kiw