13: Angel Eyes

Dazai jumped up and looked around and cussed “Fuck, why so soon, atsushi  how long do we have?”

Chuuya didn't exactly wake up all the way, but he shifted a bit, half waking up.

Atsushi looks around in a panic. “Th-they were coming up this way an hour ago from the city!” The younger boy seemed worried. “So I came here as fast as I could…”

“So about two more hours because it's hard to find this place. Atsushi, did you and Kyoka get everything to take with you?” Dazai was now busy packing clothes as he spoke.

Chuuya rolled over and woke up a bit more as he sat up. He's confused.

Atsushi nods, looking at Dazai dutifully.

“Put it in the car and go wait in that house at the bottom of the mountain. Also, take Chuuya with you as he's injured... and this.” Dazai threw a large backpack at Atsushi.

T

he boy barely caught it, nodding as he did so.

Chuuya had heard a lot of it, and now looked confused, but also worried. “Oi, the hell's going on???” He looks at Dazai.

“I'll explain later, but right now I gotta  go die.” Dazai walked past Atsushi and to the elevator.

“O-oi-!” Chuuya barely had the chance to do anything. Atsushi ends up stepping back a bit as Chuuya actually ends up standing on his one good foot.

It didn't make sense, but Chuuya wanted to know which part he meant. The explaining later or the dying??

Dazai looked back at Chuuya “I have a few tricks up my sleeve, so I'll meet you again in due time.” With that he stepped one to the elevator  and left the 5th floor.

The smaller one doesn't entirely get it, but he's been trusting that bastard his whole life… and these guys seem to be trusted by Dazai.

Atsushi has been trying to get Chuuya to go with him for a while, and eventually, he does, though with an empty look. He uses the crutches, however, unwilling to let anyone else but Dazai carry him… but it's not like he actually needed them, unbeknownst to Atsushi.

Dazai came back to the room after Chuuya left and wrote a nice neat note for the cops to find. It was him confessing to over 100 murders, including his siblings. Towards end of it, he made it seem like a suicide  note.

Chuuya and Atsushi had gotten to the car when Chuuya decided he would trust Dazai… maybe. He said he'd explain later and he better do it… if that time comes. However, when they reached the car, the smaller man put his other foot down and took the crutches off of the ground like a normal person. Atsushi looked so surprised. “What?” Chuuya shrugs casually when he feels the boy staring at him. “It was minor. Did I do that good a job playing it up?” And then he smirks dangerously at Atsushi in mild amusement. When the boy didn't answer, the smear man just shrugs again. “Whatever, let's go.”