14 = in cahoots

FRIDAY, AUGUST 7TH, 1987

brandy's point of view

i got the part.
i got the role of mercedes lane in license to drive, and the corey's were casted as well.

the three of us and our mangers had just wrapped up our celebratory dinner. i managed to put on a happy face throughout the night but i honestly couldn't stop feeling bad for heather graham.

it really sucked altering history for nice people and feeling upset over it.

i had just gotten home and ran up to my room to call naomi. it was nice knowing i wasn't the only modern soul stuck in a different century.

"hello?" she picked up.

"hey, it's kennedy."

"hey, girl! how's 80s life for you? probably much better than mine, i was just forced to eat the weirdest tasting meal made by my "parents" and now i lowkey want to throw it up."

i giggled, "i got another movie deal, license to drive."

"holy shit! ken, i literally love that movie."

"yeah, i know." i whined with a smile.

"how's jason?"

"he's fine." i simply said, jumping onto my bed.

"no, i mean like ... how's jason?" i could hear the smirk through her voice.

i let out a loud sigh, "why does everyone ask me about him?"

"because it's exciting if you're with him? he's so hot, what even is it between you two?"

"i don't even know. i think we just really like each other but the age difference kind of gets in the way, but we don't bring it up. like subconsciously we are thinking about it, but we don't say anything. we literally just flirt, and hang out. i don't know, man"

"okay so when're you gonna hook up with him?"

"naomi!"

"i'm just looking out for you!"

"yeah, i'm sure you are." i giggled.

"so i take it you haven't told him about us and our weird time travel experience?" she asked.

"no. i'm pretty sure he'd think i'm mentally insane or really fucking high."

"how about this. you get him really drunk on your birthday and tell him then. he'll believe you with the alcohol in his system and then when he sobers up the next day he won't be able to remember the conversation fully and he'll have to bring it up to you!"

"my birthday?" i questioned.

"it's this sunday, kennedy. august 9th. god, i love how i, your best friend, remembers your birthday and you don't."

"do you think my birthday is the same day in the 80s?" i laughed a little.

"well why don't you check, scope around your house or something, maybe it's written on a calendar. if it is, throw yourself a party and invite me! i gotta go, call you tomorrow?" naomi hung up before i could even respond.

once i made my way downstairs, the front door opened and i was met with my frazzled aunt maggie.

she let out a sigh and dropped her hard suitcase on the floor, "hi, babe."

"how was your spontaneous tattoo removal trip?"

"it went well." she smiled and walked over to me, "i was going to stay another day but i just knew it would've been cutting it close to your birthday." she smirked at me.

well, that made things easy.

"why're you looking at me like that?"

"well ..." she drew out her words, "i've kind of been in cahoots with your manager."

i raised an eyebrow at her.

"i'm really proud of you for doing what you've wanted for so long and so is michael and he told me he kind of wanted to throw you a little on set party so we decided to expand it." she slid me an invitation across the island and then stepped away.

it was an invitation to a birthday celebration on sunday at a club down in los angeles.

"aww." i over exaggerated my words but i truly meant the appreciation, "that's so sweet of you guys." i smiled and got up to hug her.

"we invited all your friends outside of work and your cast members! i think it'll be loads of fun." she smiled down at me.

i smiled back, "thank you, i'm excited."

but i was also nervous. being the center of attention with people who personally know me, yet i don't know them at all isn't exactly a calm setting.

__

sheeeesh, can i get any worse at uploading consistently !?