32 = conspiracies

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3rd 1987

brandy's point of view

jake and naomi came over today after school with make-up work for me. we told maggie we were working on homework together and catching up, but we were actually holding another meeting.

"okay so, i've been doing some research." jake pulled out a massive stack of papers, some he printed and others he ripped out from books.

"geez, you really have been." i said while looking down at them scrawled across my bed in the middle of the three of us.

"there hasn't ever been any proof of time travel."

"yeah, no shit." naomi said.

"just theories, and people claiming they have but with nothing to back them up on it." jake continued, "what i've come up with to get you two back ... is two theories."

"good or bad?" naomi asked worriedly as she bit her nails.

"one good, one bad." jake shrugged, "well ... maybe both bad."

i rolled my eyes, "just tell us."

"okay, first idea," he read over a piece of paper, "you could possibly get back to your lives in 2018 by leaving this world the same way you entered it. second ... it's impossible ... and you're stuck."

naomi and i exchanged looks.

"great, so it's either we're stuck in 1987 forever or we get into another car accident." i kind of had to laugh at our options. maybe it was a coping mechanism, but i found our situation kind of hilarious.

"can we purposefully get hit by a car?" naomi asked.

"god, that sounds so morbid." jake cringed.

"no, yeah can we actually?" i asked, "or does it have to happen like by fate or something?"

"guys, i don't know that much! but i'm guessing it'd have to be by fate. purposefully doing it will probably just give you broken ribs and not a trip back home."

"well who knows how long it'll take us to get into a car accident here! could be years! or absolutely never!" naomi exclaimed and i agreed with her.

jake sighed, "sorry but that's all i could find."

i leaned back on to my pillows trying to process all of this.

"i miss my phone." naomi pouted.

"i miss twitter." i nodded.

"netflix."

"youtube."

"what the hell are those things?" jake asked.

"you wouldn't understand, 80s boy." naomi blatantly said, standing up to walk aimlessly around my room.

"well, yeah all you guys told me about were the iphones and one direction." jake scoffed, "nothing historical or important!"

"trust me, you don't wanna know about that shit. it's pretty disappointing for the most part." i said.

"i'm getting sick of this!" naomi exclaimed, still pacing back and forth in my room, "why did i ever think that maybe if you told jason he'd be able to help us back when jake!" she motioned to jake innocently sitting on my bed, "a complete sci-fi fantasy nerd can't even figure it out!"

"dude, i'm not a nerd! i'm just interested in psychology and weird stuff like this." he defensively said.

naomi groaned, crossing her arms over her chest and finally standing still.

"maybe i should still tell jason anyway." i shrugged, "i mean, out of everyone he's the one i fucked up around the most. i've let so many things slip already, he probably thinks i'm such a weirdo."

"that guy's literally in love with you, kennedy. i don't think he thinks you're a weirdo." naomi said.

"yeah, aren't you going with him?" jake turned to me.

"going where?" i questioned.

jake furrowed his eyebrows, "dating! aren't you dating him? god, you girls really aren't from this time."

"i don't know, we never really labeled our relationship." i shrugged, "and besides, that's a stupid term for dating someone."

jake ignored me and looked back at naomi, "by the way, you can still love someone if you think they're weird. i mean, you're definitely in love with me. everyone can see it." he sarcastically teased her.

"yeah, you wish, loverboy." she rolled her eyes.

jake and naomi's friendship was filled with conversations like this. they only met not too long ago but ever since they did, they've been hanging out as much as jason and i do. naomi's a tough, sarcastic kind of girl who can seem a bit cold hearted but actually loves you to death and would wanna kill anyone or anything that hurt you.

jake, from what i can tell based on the fact that i've only known him for not even a month, is the definition of an 80s skater boy, who also does ballet and is super sweet ... not to be confused with his intimidating exterior.

i silenced my thoughts, refocusing on my two friends going back and forth at each other.

"okay, no more bickering." i interrupted them, "who wants to order some food?"

"me!" they both yelled at the same time.