Chapter 2: Dear Diary

I sat in the bath tub staring at the book she gave me. Call me Oddette . I kept repeating it in my head. Was I named after her? Did my mom name me after a witch? What if she was my aunt. I sigh and lean back in the tub. I slide down submerging myself in the water. I close my eyes. All I could see was Alexander vanishing. I gasp for air and come up from the water. I breath hard looking at the book. I get up and grab my towel. I grab the book and throw it on the bed. I throw myself on the bed and stare at the cover. I slowly turn the page

This Diary belongs to Caterina Easton Elingston

I turn the page once more.

Dear Diary,

My mother does not want to teach me any spells, she says it will corrupt my heart. I think that hurt my sisters feelings. I begged Oddette to teach me some spells but she's too scared of mother. But I will convince her Oddette can never say no to her little sister.

I stare at the page. I can feel someone behind me.

"Don't you know how to knock" I say without looking back. I hear a chuckle.

" So, you decided to read it" She says, I look back her as she sits in my chair.

"How do I know this is even legit." I say, she rolls her eyes.

"Keep reading Madeline, you will find answers and ways to get answers."

"Call me when you are ready." She stands heading towards the window, the moon shined on her. I couldn't deny she looked like my mother. I had only seen my mother in pictures.

"Ready for what?" I ask. She smiles,

"To become a witch like your mother," I stare her, me ? A future Queen? A Witch ? I wanted to laugh.

"When you are ready call for me." She turns her back at me.

"Your mother begged me to teach her, you will soon too." I let out a small chuckle.

"Evanescet" she whispers disappearing again. She's crazy if she thinks I will beg her. I look down at the book. I don't even know if this is legit. I pick up the book tossing it in anger. I hear a thud. I turn to my dresser to finally change into clothes. As I stare at myself in the mirror I can't help but see both my mother and The Witch in my features. No trace of my father. From the corner of my eyes I see a golden light. I turn around to see the book glowing. My eyes widen, I slowly creep up to the book. I pick it up leaving it open on the page it fell too. It was picture of necklace. It was small tear drop shape, the stone was blue the blue that matched my mothers eyes and mine. I gasped as I recognized the necklace from the picture on my wall. I turn to see the necklace around her neck on the picture I had hung in my room. I sat in the chair, the moon like was hitting me. I kept reading her diary.

Dear Diary,

Oddett finally agreed to teach me a spell. The truth spell. It was simple but useful. I want her to teach me the more complicated ones but she said I had to start off small. She said I should start writing them down to practice.

Dear Diary,

I used the truth spell on my friends they are all a bunch of jealous witches. I guess thats why mother doesn't want me hanging out with other witches. I almost burned one today the rage was too much to handle. Oddett gave me a necklace , she said I can use it as an anchor. Hopefully she doesn't tell mom. I should be careful with the truth spell.

I flipped through some pages, to find the spell. In the back of the book there were blank pages. I looked at the book confused, her last entire was before I was born. Were her spell not here? I jump when I heard a knock on the door,

"Princess." I hear one of my maids call from behind the door. I hide the book under the cushion of the couch and jump on the bed. I go under the covers and pretend I'm sleeping. I hear the door open,

"She's asleep My King." She says, I roll my eyes and tighten my fist.

"Oh alright." I hear my father say. A single tear drops from my eyes. Rage was all I felt. Picture my father made me angry.

"Ow!" I hear my father yell.

"My King! FIRE!" The Maid calls out. I quickly get up to see my dads arm on fire. I gasp and get up. I run to the door to find his right hand healer. He touches my fathers arm and the fire stops. I look at my father. Everyone is confused. Did I? Did I just do that?

"Madeline. Lets go talk." I gulp.

I follow my father into his study. I sit in his chair. He goes to the book shelf and gets a book. I don't stare at him, I was still angry with him. He sets the book in front of me.

"I was going to wait to give this to you when you turned 16 but"

"You killed the love of my life" I bitterly say, I stare at him and he stares back.

"This was your mothers favorite book, so when she died I hid all her stuff here." He opens the book, I look down and my eyes widen. The necklace.

"She wanted you to have it." I reach for it taking it out slowly. I never had anything that belonged to her. I was crying at this point. I put it on and looked down, the stone shined. There was also I small red pouch.

"Uh, your mother had a um witch put a spell on it, if you take the cape out it grows." He didn't know I knew about her. I pull the red fabric out of the ouch and came a red cape with a hood.

"She wore this every time she went out" he smiled. I smiled and looked at him.

"Thank you."

"I hope this helps you not being mad at me", the happiness as it quickly came it left. I look at him.

"You giving me something of moms does not erase what you did!" I quickly get up, he looks at me surprised.

"You -You killed him!"

"Mads, I did not!" He says.

"I loved him!!" I shout

"He had a soulmate ! He was planning on taking money to run away with her !" He shouts slamming his hands on his desk. I shake my head.

"The only way I can forgive you, is if you tell me who told you and who is his soulmate." I look at him with tears in my eyes. He stands tall. I nod my head and storm out of his study.

Authors Note 

Hello Fellow Readers! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter ! I love comments and feed backs !!! 

Slow chapter but EXCITING chapter 3 coming soon! 

For Chapter 1 and 2 Madeline is 15 soon to be 16 , so the year is 2012 spoiler there will be a huge jump. 

I have also chosen Actors to visually represent my characters ! I want a better visual ! these actors are not associated with this book at all!! 

Danielle Campbell - Madeline Elingston (Princess/ Witch) 

Harry Styles- As himself (sorta he is a prince)

Daniel Sharman - Gem Styles (Harry Styles Brother)

Madelaine Petsch - Regina Hales (High Maid)

Nathaniel Buzolic - (Alexander Paxton lover )

Alexandra Daddario -( Queen Caterina Elingston Mom)

Henry Cavill -( King Benjamin Elingston Dad)

Lily Collins - ( Oddette Easton Aunt)

Dove Cameron - ( Anastasia Emsworth Rival)

Crystal Reed- ( Genevieve Darlington Best Friend)

I am missing Harry's dad so please comment if you have any ideas, also if you have suggestions about what I chose and what you would like to change !   

xoxo M