Volume 1 - Chapter 5

Regardless of what the case is, there are only a few things a man could do. He could either kill me or humiliate me. However, there are plenty of things he could do to a girl. I won’t let them get close to Leah. All this time, I’ve been protecting Leah and will continue to protect her in the future.

The door opened and a head of silver hair came in first. Right after was a body dressed in shiny armour as well as a long-sword attached to the belt. The leggings and boots sang the melody of war as they accompanied their owner’s footsteps. Perhaps she didn’t wear her helmet because she didn’t need it right now. The war is already over, and she’s just here to visit her prisoner of war. Does she need to come fully geared up like that?

Veirya carried a pile of thick and heavy cloth in her hand. It looks like clothing. She looked at us and wasn’t surprised to see that Leah had come out from her cage, as though she left the door unlocked on purpose.

I watched her vigilantly. She may be the heroine who ended the war to humans, but she’s no heroine to me and even less of a warrior. Despite us both being humans, she never treated me kindly.

She didn’t bother with the way I looked at her. Instead, she took the pile of clothes over and placed it before us. She took out a dagger from her belt and cut the ropes restraining our hands and feet. She then looked at us expressionlessly, pointed at the clothes on the ground and said, “Get changed. Get ready to head out.”

While still holding Leah in my arms, I looked at her and queried, “Where to?”

“North.”

Her answer was extremely simple. She then turned around and went to head out. Without even turning around to look at us, she said, “It’s cold there, so, wear clothes.”

I lowered my head. I finally realised that maybe Leah’s clothes disappeared because she transformed. My face suddenly went red. What does Leah see me as…?

I thought I looked like a righteous man, but Veirya just sees me as a perverted freak hugging a naked young girl…

Veirya didn’t care, though, and just left the prison.

I looked at Leah and couldn’t quite comprehend what just happened.

‘I don’t think it would be too shabby if Veirya were to exile us to the north. Though the north here definitely isn’t like the north in my last world, I reckon we’ll be free if we can get away from Veirya and that Queen Sisi.’

‘As for our life in the future; as an adult, I can still take care of Leah. I’m confident in my abilities. I did manage to trick modern-day people, after all, so tricking the ancient humans here in this world, who aren’t studied, will be a breeze. We’ll be good as long as we can get away from this group of creeps. That’s good enough!’

I picked up the clothes on the ground and checked them out. The clothes can be considered normal. They were very normal overcoats and cloaks. The cloaks were very thick, so we could use them as a blanket at night, I reckon. There was also that strange type of glove, where it only has one slot for all of one’s fingers, as well as a weird fur scarf. To the side of them were two pairs of boots, a small and a large one. I must say that we’re well prepared.

Plus, I noticed that the clothes weren’t the same sizes. If Veirya just took clothes from the army-quarters, the clothes should be the same size since they don’t make clothes specifically for children. However, one of the sets of clothes brought to us was made specifically for Leah. It fit her perfectly.

There was even underwear specifically prepared in the clothes. It was fine, even though it was just a simple undershirt.

I picked up the clothes and helped Leah into them gently. Leah looked at the clothes on her with surprise and softly muttered, “So warm…”