13 - Looking For Trouble

Music pulsated from the busy bar located on a lonely stretch of road. A few drunken men stood around outside, fumbling around as they slurred out words to one another, all of them laughing every now and again. The sign was neon pink, flashing every few seconds. The moody bouncer stood at his post, his face still and straight, his jaggedly scarred knuckles on full display in case people got too carried away with themselves.

"How are we even going to get inside?" Lorenzo asked, his eyes shifting from the rough-and-tough bouncer to the huddle of drunk and vicious looking bikers that were being obnoxiously loud.

"You," Mia said, glancing over to Lorenzo, "will go through the front. Just get yourself in and sit near the two doctors we're after. Me and Daniela will go through the back posing as dancers. Once we get them distracted, you go find the codes and then get back to the car."

Daniela nodded, seeming completely un-phased by the plan. Lorenzo could feel his heart picking up, he could sense himself becoming slightly terrified of what they were about to do.

"Gesu Cristo, so many things could go wrong here," Lorenzo fretted, leaning back against the seat, ignoring the fact that his knee was shaking intensely signifying how nervous he was.

"Lorenzo, I need you to keep it together," Mia said as she placed her hand on his knee, giving it a small squeeze, "this plan rides on us working together and doing our part. Just remain calm and we'll get out of there without any issues."

Lorenzo knew that his cheeks flushed a brilliant shade of red, his eyes staring directly at Mia's hand that was still on his knee. He fought back the smile that was trying to appear on his face, but his eyes betrayed him, the excitement in his pupils could light up a room.

"You ready, Mia?" Daniela asked.

Mia nodded her head. "Let's do this, quick and easy."

All three of them exited Daniela's car. Mia and Daniela pulled off to the side as Lorenzo stalked up to the bouncer, trying to damper any signs of nervousness or intimidation. Mia and Daniela headed around the back, ignoring the perverted whistling and howling coming from a few of the drunks that were huddled together.

Lorenzo fumbled around in his pocket to get his ID out. He grabbed it and pulled it from his pocket, holding it up to the bouncer. The bouncer, who's face had yet to change from its cold expression, took the plastic card from Lorenzo's slightly shaking hand. He held it close to his face, lowering the black sunglasses that covered up his eyes.

The bouncer's eyes glazed over Lorenzo, who just offered a crooked smile in return. Giving a grunt, the lean bouncer handed back his ID and moved to the side, nodding to the door.

"Knock yourself out, kid," he said, his voice raspy yet masculine.

"Grazie," Lorenzo replied, stepping past him. He pushed open the doors and the muffled music hit him like a brick wall, along with the thick smell of sweat, alcohol and sex.

He looked around and saw many tables, all of which seemed to be occupied by burly men that were chugging large glasses of alcohol while enjoying the company of the exotic dancers that worked there. He knew he wasn't there to have a good time and ogle the gorgeous women, but he couldn't help himself staring for a few seconds at the three women that passed him in the five seconds he had been there.

Pulling himself out of his fantasies, Lorenzo began looking for the two men in the photograph that Raffaele had supplied them with along with some other information. He scanned the bar, his eyes passing from the scattered stages of dancing women to the crowded tables that were placed all around the bar, but he couldn't see any sign of them.