Chapter ten - The choice

Snow White felt herself get slightly anxious. Her husband and the huge army they had were outside Regina's castle. They had it surrendered, loads of guards had already came out of the castle to protect their Queen. But just ended up getting slaughtered in the process. This was going to be an easy battle to win, so Charming thought. He just wanted his daughter back, and to never have to see or deal with Regina ever again.

"Lets go in." Charming ordered, his troops cheered him. Half of them following him, and half staying outside to surround the castle.

"You too Snow." Charming added, he wanted his wife as his side, no question about that.

"I just... I still don't think we should kill Regina. I don't want her killed, I started this. I should end it, and I say stooping to her level isn't the way even if she has caused a lot of trouble." Snow explained quietly.

"We've already been through this, I don't want to keep dealing with her. This ends today." Charming sharply told her before entering the castle with his army. Snow let out a small sigh and followed him.

The army spilt up in Regina's castle, they had orders to bring Emma back unharmed and stop Regina at any cost, preferably alive but Charming wasn't too phased if she was killed. She caused this herself in his eyes.

Charming, his wife and about 50 men took the left side of the castle towards Regina's chambers and her dungeons. They knew thats where his daughter and the Queen would most likely be if they were here. He was just still confused to what Regina would want with his daughter. Yes maybe for leverage and torture, but it just still seemed far-fetched. He couldn't help but worry that his daughter was dead or harmed.

Through their paths, they soon stumbled upon a large number of guards, most probably the last of them. Both sides fought well. Most of Charmings troops with him were killed.

Currently, Charming had the last one of Regina's guards that was alive pinned up against the wall with his sword ready to kill him.

"At least I will die serving my Queen." The guard spoke, Charming hit him in the face as a response to that.

"Regina isn't a Queen. She's an evil witch who deserves to die. Now you tell me, is my daughter still alive? Is she unharmed?!" Charming shouted. The guard began to laugh evilly.

"WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?" Charming shouted even louder before pinning his sword against the guards throat.

"The Queen has ruined your daughter. Took her heart and made her bad. Turned her into a pet and used her for her own satisfaction. Your daughter won't be the girl you knew ever again." The Guard cackled, Charming felt his cheeks heat up in anger. His blood begin to boil, he could feel the rage inside of himself. He immediately slammed his sword into the guards chest, killing him instantly. Regina was defiantly going to die for this now, regardless to what his wife had to say.

"Charming!" He heard his wife call. He turned around to face her, he was just so done with all of this now. "Whats wrong?" Snow asked him.

"Everything. Lets just carry on and get our daughter back." He bluntly told her, before carrying on in his tracks with his wife and few remaining guards.

The way to Regina's chamber was clear. No more guards, no more nothing. Charming thought that Regina was ridiculously unprotected, it seemed too good to be true.

The small group found themselves at the doors of her chambers. There was a lot of commotion coming from the room... It would all be ending soon Charming thought to himself. No more Regina.

He broke the silence and finally spoke up, "Regina you have exactly ten seconds to open this door. Or me and my army will!" He shouted. Time was growing short, he was rapidly counting down in his head. He didn't know if what the guard said about Emma was true, but he was sure as hell going to rescue his daughter.

*

The Evil Queen was freaking out, she couldn't think there wasn't time. So instead she quickly raised her hands and magic gushed out of them.

Emma was confused, everything still looked normal... They were still at the castle, nothing had changed.

"What did you do?" Emma asked The Queen before getting up.

"Froze time. It won't last long enough for us to get out the castle doors, especially with the size of that army." The Queen explained.

"So what are we going to do?" The blonde asked. The Queen was thinking, maybe she should just let Emma go... None of this was really real. The Queen had her heart and controlled her, pretty much forced her to be with her. But she also knew Emma was her leverage, Snow White would kill her! She had no guards and no protection. Sure she could conjure more guards but it took time that she didn't have.

"Emma." The Queen began and paused. She knew she was going to regret what she was about to say. She didn't want to say it, it made her seem stupid and weak. "I'm going to give you a choice. You can either go with your parents, I will give you your heart back and you can live your life as a princess like you should-" The Queen began.

"- No! I want to come with you, please don't make me go with them!" Emma interrupted the Queen.

"You know if you come with me... We will both be on the run for a while. But I can teach you magic to protect yourself. Once I build up an army we will be able to return. I have no problems with you coming with me but I don't want it to seem as if i'm manipulating you to choose me over your parents. That's how they would see it." The Queen explained.

"I go wherever you go your majesty." Emma told her. The brunette let out a small sigh, she conjured Emma's heart... It was in her hand within seconds.

"Tell me that once I put this back in your chest." The Queen told Emma before slamming her heart back into her chest. Emma felt a sharp pain in her chest, followed by a load of emotions. But it didn't change her mind.

The Queen was slightly anxious about how Emma was going to react. She really did take advantage, and The Princess made it clear she didn't want to be here as she tried to escape the last time she had her heart.

The blonde went over to The Queen and closed the distance between them. She cupped the brunettes cheek before smashing her lips onto The Queen's. The Queen, immediately kissed Emma back and pulled her in closer. But as she done this she felt her magic begin to weaken, time wasn't going to stay frozen for much longer.

"I'm coming with you." Emma told the brunette as their lips parted.

The Queen held out her hand, "Better get going." She murmured, Emma nodded before taking the brunettes hand and The Queen immediately teleported them away. Perfect timing as moments later time unfroze and everything started to unfold.