Six

Chapter Six . . . A Little Help

I felt like I was caught in some silly dream . . . Sex addiction?

"I'm sorry." I chuckled awkwardly and scratched my upper brow. "My sex addiction?"

"You really don't have to be embarrassed dear, we all suffer from this issue, and we are only trying to help each other out." John nodded, clearly the man was clueless. "Where would you like to start?"

"Where would I like to start?" I cleared my throat and shifted uncomfortably in my chair, looking down at myself.

Ripped jeans, a shirt that showed more cleavage than a woman should ever show, and hooker heels.

Fuck. Me.

Okay maybe a wrong choice of words, but they probably thought I was displaying myself to feed this addiction.

"Maybe you should start from the beginning? What's your name and how long have you been an addict" John offered.

I looked around the room turning red, heat radiating my body. "M-My name is A-Ava." I stuttered through and looked around the room.

Men stared at me . . . Just like Shawn did.

Was I safe? Were they going to hurt me?

"I should go." I said but John shook his head.

"Please, let us help you. You're safe here." John smiled softly.

I tapped my finger nails on my knee. "My name is Ava . . . and I'm a virgin."

The room became silent, no one moved.

No one spoke.

No one blinked.

I just admitted I was a virgin in front of at least ten men and three women who were all here to fight off their sexual desires, that I was a virgin.

I was a snack in their eyes, a toy, a plaything.

Men shifted uncomfortably in their chairs, the women eyeing me with surprise and the others with lust.

John cleared his throat as he looked around the room. "We should . . . take a break." He said awkwardly.

"Great idea." I muttered before quickly standing up, making a bee-line for the door, only to be caught by the elbow.

I let out a gasp and turned, looking at a pair of beautiful green candy apple eyes I had ever seen.

His grip was powerful yet gentle, and his smirk was sexier than anything I had ever seen on a man in my life.

"You're an idiot."

I hadn't expected those words to come out of the sexiest mouth I had ever seen, but when I heard them, it was like I was shot back into reality.

"Excuse me?" I asked, pulling my arm away.

"What kind of idiot tells a whole room of sex addicts that she's a virgin?" He chuckled humorlessly. "You couldn't have came up with a story or anything?"

He was tense, very tense, but he seemed to have some kind of control to him. "Why are you even here? If you're not an addict, than why break into our meeting? Are you trying to taunt us?" He raised a brow.

I shook my head. "No, no, I didn't know there was a meeting going on." I sighed.

He let out a laugh. "How couldn't you know? You didn't see the giant sign outside?"

Giant sign?

"What sign?" I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"Oh you're joking." He laughed again, before quickly stopping. "Oh you're serious." He grabbed the inside of my arm again and began pulling me out of the room.

Panic filled my body.

"Wait, where are you taking me?"

He didn't respond and only continued to drag me into the church hallway.

Why wasn't anyone stopping this?

Should I scream?

Should I beg?

"Please," I let out quietly and the mysterious man stopped.

"Please what?" He asked confused as he looked at me with those beautiful candy apple eyes.

"Don't hurt me." I let out.

He raised a brow, a frown on his lips, lines forming on his forehead. "I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to show you."

"Show me what?" I asked confused

He led me out the door, into the cold Pennsylvania air and pointed to a strong neon light that made me squint.

"What?" I asked confused until I really looked at the light, except it wasn't a light at all, it was a large sign that was lit up brightly.

Sex Addicts Anonymous Meeting Held Tonight.

Let us Help you End the Fight.

I almost died right then and there, how could I not see it when it was literally lit up for the world to see.

"Oh my God." I said out loud.

"Yeah." He chuckled and crossed his arms. "So if you aren't an addict . . . and not even having sex then what are you doing here?" He asked gently.

"My car broke down, and I didn't know what to do." I admitted and looked down at my feet embarrassed.

"I see," I heard him say. "Where's your car?"

"Oh it's over here." I pointed over to where my little car sat.

The man nodded before walking over to it, and I was hot on his heels.

"I'm sorry I didn't even get your name." I said awkwardly as he popped the hood of my car and looked in it.

"Do you know what was wrong with it?" He asked casually as he looked at the engine.

"It started to putt and then it just stopped." I kicked the dirt beneath my feet.

He nodded and continued to look at the car's engine, fumbling with a few things here or there. "I have to tow it." He glanced at me. "Take it to my shop."

"Your shop?" I questioned.

"Yeah it's a little ways down the road, not too far. I can take it, you'll just have to find a ride."

I paused and bit my lip. "Sure, I mean what other choice do I have."

He smiled softly at me. "Not any really." He nodded and shut the hood of my car. "I'm guessing you be here tomorrow for the meeting." He teased and I shook my head.

"No, of course not." I said quickly.

"Probably a good idea." He grinned and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Look there's a diner down towards my shop, I'll meet you there tomorrow evening if that's okay with you."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I thought about what happened earlier today. I was scared to be alone with any man, let alone one that I met at a session for sex addicts.

"I . . . Can I bring a friend?" I asked gently.

He raised a brow at me and gave me a confused look. "Sure of course, whatever you want." He shrugged.

"Thanks." I gave him a small smile. "I'll call for a ride and I'll see you tomorrow at the diner."

He nodded. "I'll see you then, Ava." He said as he turned and began to head back into the church.

"Wait!"

He paused and looked over his shoulder. "Yeah?"

"What's your name?" I asked kindly.

He gave me a small smile.

"Damon."