??? - Five

A/N Yet another random writing prompt. This one is dystopian-based.

https://nybookeditors.com/2016/02/how-to-build-a-dystopian-world/

We were supposed to be on Mars. The first ever NASA space-shuttle meant for the Red Planet. Crashed. Burned. And left little survivors. The shuttle had been hacked by unknown terrorists, and the giant metal hulk was sent careening into another planet. My parents were apart of the first settler group that was aiming for Mars. My older brother - Flynn - was the first child born on the new planet. We now live on Planet Graeme. 

Graeme is an ugly place. Black dirt that stains everyone's clothes. Barely anyone even wears clothes anymore. Bodysuits are the new trend. Easy to wash.

The light is always a pale shade of yellow, filtering through the blood-red clouds. When it rains, the skies cry a dark red. Light-storms are very common. Bright flashes of white, blinding everyone for a good five minutes. Most people never leave their homes without a filter goggle, which blocks out the lightning flashes.

Mom says that we should be grateful that Graeme supports life. The scientist team - including Dad - discovered ice directly underneath the planet's black dirt. Plants were quickly inserted into the rocky ground, and much to their surprise, grew extremely fast. Apparently Graeme's light is enough for the plants. Meat is a rare delicacy. Only farmers raise them, and the rich folk buy.

But there's always a catch.

By settling here on Graeme, humans have angered another race. Aliens would be the best definition. But how are they the strange ones if we intruded their planet?

Everyone believes the only way to find peace is to suffer. War is never the answer. For 17 years my only goal was to go back to Earth. I studied hard and worked twice as much as anyone my age. And then I found out the truth. 

There is no more Earth. I have no more hope.