level - aepete (4)

*******

twists 

*******

" Pete, you look marvelous. I was right about that being the best choice. Isn't that right, dear?" the queen asked  gripping her husband's hand in obvious excitement.

The king nodded, not wanting to displease the queen," A job well done, my queen. Pete, are you ready?"

Pete glanced at his parents and turned around to face the huge mirror. He gazed upon himself, looking up and down. He felt pain in his chest at the fact that this moment would be the last time he could ever be a normal person. Well, he never was a normal person being the prince, but he did normal things and never had the weight of being the future king, but now everything would change.

The queen and king had handpicked the best choices for him and invited them all to the gala party. Naturally everyone came because it was rare nowadays to find a ideal perfect husband that was to be a king. It was a battle to be queen, and a fierce one it would be considering the fact that there were only few countries that were ruled by a monarchy.

Pete felt sad that most girls came to be wedded and spend their days in riches with a high status tied to their name. He wanted someone who was actually going to love him, even if he was a beggar with no money or a prince with promises of a great future.

And in a flash, Pete swore he saw Ae's face appear to him. He shook his head, wondering why it came up. Maybe it was because Pete remembered the kiss Ae gave him during their so called 'stroll'.

" Pete? Pete? Are you alright?"

The queen's worried voice brought Pete out of his thoughts and he turned to them with a startled look. He plastered on a reassuring smile," I'm fine. Shall we go to the ball now?"

His parents looked at each other, trying to figure out if it was best to pester and find out what was wrong or if they should just continue with the ball. But seeing as how time was precious, they decided to go with Pete's idea. 

The queen and king went in first, the top royal servant shouting out their names to alert everyone in the ballroom. After a long and loud round of applause, there was an announcement given to the audience by the rulers of Thailand.

" Thank you all for coming. My queen and I are very excited for tonight's ball. I hope you enjoy our prince's company."

And as soon as Pete heard that, he knew it was his cue to open the doors and appear. As he walked through, many gasps and wide eyes could be heard and seen. The princesses swooned over Pete's handsome but cute face, and drooled over his lean muscular body. The princes that were there to mix up the crowd frowned in jealousy, but they themselves admitted Pete was one of the most attractive person they've ever seen. And there was one person, who's heart could not stop beating, and it was probably just nerves, or at least that was what he kept telling himself.

Soon after a few applause,  the party started to really kick in. Many people came up to Pete, asking to dance or have a small talk. By the time he talked and danced with most people, Pete began to feel really tired. He went over to a small quiet place and sat down, trying to catch his breathe and calm down.

Tonight's ball had really taken a toll on him and he still hadn't found someone he was to date. He groaned in frustration, wondering if he was destined to be alone forever. It wasn't that hard to find someone, right? 

Gazing out the small window, Pete told himself there was a few more hours and maybe by then he'll find someone. If not, maybe he can just fake it for a month or so, and then break it off with the girl. Realizing what he just thought of, he hit himself at the head for having such foolish thought and sighed very loudly.

" Oh my, your highness. Didn't expect to see you here so bummed out."

Pete turned around and saw Chaaim in a beautiful pink flowing dress. She smiled at him gently and sat beside him," So what are you doing here?"

Pete scratched his head in nervousness," To escape the ball for a few minutes, I guess. What about you, princess? Shouldn't you be trying to score a prince?"

Chaaim laughed at his reply," Well you're a prince so my goal is complete. Although I found my lover a long ago so I don't need someone else."

Pete looked at Chaaim with a eyebrow raised," When and how?"

Chaaim scoffed at Pete, hitting his shoulders lightly," Pete, your mom and my mom may be close making us close friends, but don't you think it's harsh that you think I can't land myself a boyfriend?"

Pete laughed in amusement and stood up. He dusted his jacket off and held his hand out to Chaaim," Don't be silly. I know about you and Prince Pond."

Chaaim gave her hand to Pete, who began to walk her to the dance floor. But with a question blooming inside of her, she asked," How do you know Pond?"

Pete winked at Chaaim," His family came over for a visit. And I may not be super close to him but I guess we were close enough he told me about you. I was pretty shocked but he seems like a great guy. For a perv of course."

Chaaim laughed as Pete waltzed her onto the dance floor. No more words were said as they began to dance, but after a moment Chaaim pulled Pete toward the balcony. Pete followed Chaaim, confused by her actions.

" Chaaim? W-what are you doing-"

Chaaim pushed Pete making him land onto someone's chest. He began to back off and apologize when arms wrapped around him. Pete was startled and looked up at the mysterious person and was shocked when it was Ae.

Pete looked behind his shoulders at Chaaim who was dusting off her dress as though she had completed a difficult job. With little space for movement, he glared at Chaaim," What are you doing trying to set me and your servant up?"

Pete watched as Chaaim rolled her eyes and looked up at Ae who was laughing at the scene. Pete took this chance and broke away from Ae's hold. Ae quirked his eyebrows up and cooly said," I miss the warmth. Come back."

Pete frowned at Ae and looked at Chaaim for an explanation. Chaaim sighed and took a deep breathe in," Pete, if you were paying attention to my family, you would know that Ae is actually my first cousin, which makes him a prince. But this idiot wanted to have fun and disguised himself as a servant which didn't work out because everyone knows him for his model work. But of course you're dumb enough to not suspect a thing."

Ae nodded his head and motioned at Chaaim to leave which made her glare at him playfully. As Chaaim left, Pete had taken a seat and sat with his legs and arms crossed, with a frown visible on his face. 

Ae gulped and realized that he had to choose his words carefully or else Pete would truly be mad," Look, please hear me out."

***********

ughhhhh. I want to be done already and start on TechnoxKengkla oneshots geezzzz

one more chapter of this and that's it I swear.