The Devil In Slacks

Omniscient
December 1, 2014
NY, New York
12:45pm

Beyoncé sat at her desk checking over her inventory for the week. Being the owner of Knowles Family Enterprises has put a real strain on her life and an even bigger strain on her health. She was always busy with work. No matter how much her daughter nagged her, Beyoncé wouldn't budge on the thought of getting an assistant. There was a soft knock on the door causing Beyoncé to look up.

"Yes Blue, come in." She said and returned looking through papers that were placed messily on her disorganized desk. Blue entered the room closing the door while carefully scoping out her mother and her workspace.

"You're such a workaholic! We were supposed to be having lunch together remember? I called your phone like a hundred thousand times." Blue said sitting down in the office chair. Beyoncé looked at her daughter and removed her glasses.

"I'm so sorry baby. You know I've been busy with-

"Work yea I know. Why won't you just get an assistant? Take a load off your self for once. You can't handle all this ma." Blue said sitting back with folded arms.

"I know. Which is why you're working here now." Beyonce said with a small and subtle smile.

"Now you and I both know I'm lazy. Three days worth of work takes me a month. Just hire someone-

"Blue I don't just trust everyone to help run the "family", emphasis on family, business. I told you this." Beyonce stressed rubbing her temples. Blue frowned at the sight of her overworked mother.

"What if I can find you someone I know and trust?" Blue asked.

"Blue I don't want teenagers working here, then things definitely wouldn't get done." Beyonce said.

"No ma, I know someone. She's smart and a workaholic like you, but her job doesn't pay enough so she's looking." Blue smiled. Beyoncé looked at her daughter seeing she was serious. The thought of having one of blues friends as her assistant was already giving her a headache, but the sight of the stacks of papers on her desk were giving her a migraine. Maybe having an assistant wouldn't be so bad.

"Schedule her for an interview tomorrow-

"I'll call her to come in today. The quicker we can get this done the better off everyone will be." Blue said reaching for her phone.

"Wait, which friend is this? It better not be Rihanna, she wouldn't get shit done around here with her lil fast self." Beyonce said with a serious tone and a hardened face. She hated, well disliked most of blues friends, she considered them bad influences.

"No ma, you don't know her." Blue smiled causing Beyoncé to sigh and put her head down as she sent a text.

"Okay...it's set! She'll be here in thirty." Blue said standing up. Beyoncé looked up and nodded. She made her way over to her mom and sighed.

"I love you ma." Blue said giving her mother a hug and a kiss on the cheek causing Beyoncé to smile.

"I love you to, if this works out I want to thank you in advance." She smiled. Blue nodded and left her mother to herself as she went about her business. Beyoncé's phone went off causing her to sit up and see what or who it was. Seeing it had been her best friend she decided to ignore the call and wait for her possibly future assistant to arrive.

Onika's POV
December 1, 2014
1:24pm

"Blue you know your mother is very picky about every little thing. If she found out it was me she'd have a fit! Why didn't you tell her I was the one coming in!?" I asked walking frantically about my room trying to find some clothes to put on.