The Facade

Nicki POV
December 1, 2014
NY, New York
4:45pm

"So what happened after that?" Blue asked. I shook my head coming to a stop at the light. Beyoncé was something else.

"Nothing! She didn't want anything to do with me. I tried to explain and everything and she wasn't having it. No offense but your mom is a bitch." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Don't call her that. She's just very strict and prompt, you know that. She's like that with me too-

"Stop giving her excuses Blue. It's fine. I got fired on the first day oh well. Shit happens." I said. She sighed as I pulled into my driveway.

"Talk to you later, I'm about to get back in bed." I said. There was a brief pause before she spoke.

"Ok, I'll call you later." Blue said. I nodded as if she could see me and hung up. I unlocked my door and took my shoes off. I went into my kitchen looking for something to eat then headed up the stairs for my nap.

8:34pm

My phone alarm went off scaring me out of my sleep. I jumped up and looked at the time. It's not like I had anywhere to be.

I reached for my phone to see missed calls and text from blue and a couple of friends, then all the way to the bottom, Beyoncé. I furrowed my eyebrows. What the hell could she want?

I texted blue back and then called Beyoncé hoping I didn't call too late. The phone rung for about a good 6 seconds and she finally picked up.

"Beyoncé." I greeted her.

"Nicki." She mocked. I rolled my eyes.

"You called me." I said trying to speed up the process.

"Yes I did." She said. I looked around waiting for her to explain.

"Are you going to say what you were calling about?" I asked. She laughed and spoke.

"I'm willing to give you another chance." She said. I settled down letting my shoulders drop. She had me on edge.

"What made you change your mind if you don't mind me asking?" I asked. She paused.

"Well I throughly went through the files you brought in and they were very much on point. Half of my team takes at a least a week to get done what you completed in less than a day. I need more people like you." She said. I nodded already knowing this.

"Oh ok." I said nonchalantly.

"So you'll start same time tomorrow-

"No I won't." I cut her off. I should have bit my tongue and accepted the job but nope.

"What- I mEaN excuse me? Why not?" She sounded surprised.

"Not until you apologize for the way you treated me earlier today. It was uncalled for." I said blatantly shuffling with my sheets to get out of bed.

"Uncalled for? You showed up late to work how else was I supposed to react? Give you a cookie? Say thank you? No ma'am." Beyonce said.

"Prideful? I'm not saying that your point wasn't valid I'm saying the way you went about it was rude and snobbish." I said.

"Deal or no deal I don't have time to go back and forth with you. Come in or don't. Enjoy the rest of your night." She said. Before I could say anything she hung up. I scrunched my face up and tossed my phone on the bed. I don't know who she think she is.

I get up and there's a knock at my door. I put my shorts on and head downstairs to see Blue had already let her self in.

"Ima need my damn key back." I said shaking my head. She laughed taking her shoes off. She walked to me and leaned in for a kiss which I quickly dodged. She frowned.