What's The Point In Living?

After that day, the day they died, everything was a living hell for Levi and Ruby. For the first time in their lives they had to do some work and look after the other cadets, all because Erwin, Hanji and Mike, had the most stupidest idea of letting them become Corporals, even after they were sent to kill the Commander of the Survey Corps.

Ruby was in her room that branched off her office, reading over one of her many books that Erwin and Hanji agreed for her to get from town.

As she was reading she was up to a part in the book where she felt her heart sink, it was a part that showed the main characters two best friends had come to a point where the character had to choose to save one or the other, the book was about 'a man with two souls, each fighting for control'.

Tears started to form in her eyes, thinking back to what she had witnessed that day when Levi and her had lost their greatest friends, almost like family to them.

She quickly wiped her eyes as she heard a knock at the door that lead to her office. She put the book on her side table and answered out, "Name and Business?"

"Ruby, it's Hanji, just letting you know that we need to start cleaning up, Levi's in one of those moods again." Hanji's voice echoed out from the other side of the closed door.

"Uhhhh~! Again, Levi! Why do you hate us!" She wined a little, the one thing she hated was now Levi could actually give orders to do more cleaning. "Freaking clean freak" She said under her breath.

"Levi came in this morning and saw your office when he was dropping off some paperwork, he isn't impressed by the way you just left a box in the corner and the way you haven't even unpacked your stuff, so he needs you to clean your office, and he thinks your room is the same, so you'll need to clean that too." Hanji said before her footsteps could be heard leaving the room into the hallway.

"Great!," She almost yelled out from frustration. "I should start cleaning then."

Ruby gets up off her bed and went to her mirror to put her hair up in a plat that flowed down to her upper back just below the shoulder blades. She had really long hair.

She then opened the door to her office and started to unpack her stuff before placing the items into/onto their new place where they would stay. As she done this she started to hum a tune to a song that her mother sang to her went she was a child. 'Everybody Knows'. Soon her hums turned into words as she sang, her voice soft and gentle as if she had the voice of an angle, but she was no angel.

"Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes
Everybody knows..."

She sang as she placed a few books from the boxes she had and placed it on a shelf. As a few people began to notice the singing they started to follow the sound to her office, she didn't even know they were there.

"Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
Everybody knows that the captain lied
Everybody got this broken feeling
Like their father or their dog just died
Everybody talking to their pockets
Everybody wants a box of chocolates
And a long-stem rose
Everybody knows"

She sang with emotion, well what little she had left, her whole world turning into the state of her minds song.

"Everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows that you really do
Everybody knows that you've been faithful
Ah, give or take a night or two
Everybody knows you've been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes
And everybody knows